New Guy w/New SAIGA

post-14887-1230391104_thumb.jpgHello. I am new to these boards and new to the Saiga Rifles. I FINALLY Bought a 7.62x39 yesterday. I already own 5 other rifles that use 7.62x39, thats why I got that one. I plan on doing all the 922r. Stuff. I am familiar with 922r because I own 4 SKS' and one WASR ak. I had some Thermold Mags for my WASR so that saved me a few bucks on the mags. I really don't want to mod the reciever at the moment. I plan on ordering the TAPCO stock w/grip and the handguard. Here is a pic of my NEW toy....

post-14887-1230391066_thumb.jpg

Edited by DL762AP

I got a chance to get out today and shoot my rifle. I used the factory mag, thermolds, and a promag and I had NO-Problems whatsoever. I couldn't believe how accurate this rifle was. I shot 100rds and landed 99 total. I had some VERY tight groupings. The SAIGA is a lot more accurate than my WASR. It also shoots a nice flash out of the barrel. I love this rifle!

One thing I learned about 922r, is as long as u got enough, (I think 7) US parts on it, it doesn't matter what you do to it furniture-wise. I think I have more than 10 US parts on mine. I've had friends struggle to keep their FN-FALs legal, but its a different rifle.

1 forearm rail on the bottom, I put on myself, fore grip, laser, scope, mount, bullet guide, and tapco M4 stock, tapco pistol grip, plus whatever it had from the factory. Dunno if screws count or not. hehe, but its beyond legal. Not that I care what the feds say, or do, they ain't taking it anyway, I just try to avoid suing them if they try to take it.

Obama wants to tell us, that we can't own them, but I really don't care what the loon has to say at this point. America is too far gone at this point, and the game has become just staying off their big brother radar grid.

I use my saiga for deer hunting, and target shooting, its also my SHTF rifle. It still ain't broke in completely, but she gets toated to work every day when I go to the office. Prop it up against the counter, so that people know not to steal anything. :)

Welcome to the forum.

I ordered the Tapco stock w/pistol grip to keep on my SAIGA until I finally decide to convert. I know a lot of people here don't like these. I thought I wouldn't like it, but it actually looks/feels alright. Here is a pic....

I want a grip-pod, but I don't see spending more than $60 on one. Some of them cost as much as an SKS. I have the same rail, and fore grip as you.

Edited by JonTheSavage
  • 2 weeks later...
One thing I learned about 922r, is as long as u got enough, (I think 7) US parts on it, it doesn't matter what you do to it furniture-wise. I think I have more than 10 US parts on mine. I've had friends struggle to keep their FN-FALs legal, but its a different rifle.

1 forearm rail on the bottom, I put on myself, fore grip, laser, scope, mount, bullet guide, and tapco M4 stock, tapco pistol grip, plus whatever it had from the factory. Dunno if screws count or not. hehe, but its beyond legal. Not that I care what the feds say, or do, they ain't taking it anyway, I just try to avoid suing them if they try to take it.

Obama wants to tell us, that we can't own them, but I really don't care what the loon has to say at this point. America is too far gone at this point, and the game has become just staying off their big brother radar grid.

I use my saiga for deer hunting, and target shooting, its also my SHTF rifle. It still ain't broke in completely, but she gets toated to work every day when I go to the office. Prop it up against the counter, so that people know not to steal anything. :)

Welcome to the forum.

not to be an asshole or anything.. but... if you want to "stay off of the radar" id like to suggest the following things..

1) be cautious about showing off your evil black rifle.. while you may think you are cutting down on the likely hood of being robbed you may actually be doing the oppositte... i own several guns but i sure as hell dont advertise it.. the last thing i need is some hood rat breaking into my house trying to steal my guns.. sure they are in a safe when im not home.. but he doesnt know that and the damage he would cause would be annoying at best.. also by showing this rifle off people talk.. and if the situation EVER got REALLY bad.. like scifi movie bad.. and they came around to round up the guns.. all the people who have seen you may potentially rat you out.. i think by being SO open with your weapon you are showing a little too much..

2) while it may be perfectly legal to own the weapon you own and transporting it around as you do where you live you are opening yourself up to being questioned and hassled.. get stopped with the gun and you MAY have to verify its legal.. which brings me to my last point..

3) its SO easy to LEGALLY mod these guns... why paint a giant bullseye on yourself with your apathetic "oh i dont care what they thing" stance.. its takes a very small financial investment to mod these rifles legally.. take the time to KNOW that "screws don't count" towards compliance.. and learn what does.. so if you ARE put in a bad situation you can explain yourself.. Anti gun idiots LOOK for people like you.. who break the law.. so they can make it harder for the rest of us that TRY to do the right thing.. you get cought with a weapon that is out of spec.. and labled as an AW.. the anti gun people point and say "see they shouldn't be allowed to import saigas because people build bad weapons with them"...

again.. your life i wont tell you what to do.. im simply offering up some suggestions that i hope you will at least consider..