BP-02 scope mount

Hi, i bought one of these mounts thinking it would be great, i had to shim the rear of the rail to get my rifle to zero, also noticed that with firm thumb pressure on the side of the scope the mounting flexes terribly. i wont bother buying another, hopefully yours is ok, i have heard others are quite happy with theirs?

I have seen several of them where they had those raised areas the rail rests on machined off to lower the rail and then the holes redrilled to perfectly center the rail over the receiver.

I plan on experimenting with one by using laser boresighter,attaching the scope to the rail with it set at 0+/0- and then lining the scope up on the laser,clamping or supergluing the rail in place,removing the optic then redrilling my holes so my mount is centered and set at perfect neutral zero.

Sounds like a lot of work but I did the same thing with my front and rear sight on my Saiga and I liked the results so making my rail perfectly centered will make the job of dialing in different optics a lot easier.

Havoc308 is right on the money about the loctite idea by the way..

I completed the scope install on my Saiga .223 this weekend. It will go to the range this week to see how it performs. Hoping the mount that I waited for does its job.

Details of the BP-02 mount here.

Happy New Year to all!!!

saiga223-65.jpg

I ordered the BP-02 also, seems a lot of people like it, figured I'd give it a try. Today I also ordered a cheap 4x32 "Tactical" style, illuminated reticle scope from CDNN. It's only 6'' long. Going to give it try on my 20'' .223 unconverted for calling coyotes. If the rig works out I might put a scope of a little better quality on it later. One of the BP-02 mods I've seen, the poster cut off the center post, took off the mount rail, and shortened it up so it would fit in between the 2 end posts. Then redrilled the mounting holes in the rail and remounted it in the lowered position. With the rail shortened, this of course would only work on a compact scope or a red dot/holo type site, but it would give a better cheek weld on the stock also. If I like the BP-02, thought I might shorten one and put it and a red dot on my 16" that I plan on converting. I thought the mount would be here by now, but since I can't seem to find a red dot locally, I ordered the scope today. I'm hoping this mount works out too! Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Havoc308 is right. You have to lock tight all the screws as they come rather loose from the factory. I'm polly the guy that posted the link about the modified BP with the rail cut and centered between the shoulders. It only works for a dot sight, but that's what I got on mine and I'm very pleased with the results.

I've only had one outing at the range so far, but from what I've experienced it holds it's zero, but like I said, you have to lock tight everything. It also helps if you adjust the lever tension so that you begin to feel resistance at about the midway point or a little before.

Another trick you can do is lightly sand to remove the finish off the inside of the mount where it slides on the side rail. Color this with a black magic marker and slide it back on to find the high spots. Just file them down and you'll get a more solid mount that way as well.

I've had it to the range on two occasions now and have had no issues with it.

Haven't put thread sealant on anything yet but will most likely do so just to be safe. It sucks to have a screw or two fall out while in the middle of range practice or worse yet, a training course. :cryss:

I'm quite happy with mine. Now I have to get a case that fits the rifle with the scope mounted. It's always something..... :rolleyes:

BTW is that Bushnell scope the 1.75 x 4 with the circleX reticule? I have the same one on my .223.

Yes it is....I was hoping for the model with a 1X low setting as it would work well with both eyes open at short ranges....but it wasn't available where I was shopping and I didn't feel like waiting for one to come in. This one works quite well and I find the circleX reticle to be pretty good. It's the first scope I've had with that reticle.