Saiga 12 Mag Adaption

So BVAMP, is owning an 8 round mag a loophole or is it illegal...you've said both???

Was that ban in '92 like you said a few posts ago or did it go into affect on 13 September 1994 like the ATF website says???

It is the little discrepancies that I go online to discuss. I too want to stay legal because I enjoy shooting. Since you appear to enjoy hunting, you probably don't mind the ATF regs, since they enforce the laws made from the publics' perception of whether a firearm is a "sporting firearm" or not. By you're posts, I would interpret that you would have no problem living along side Assassin in England where you can't have rifles in SEMI-AUTO ! Why would you need it anyway, only takes one shot to hunt right?!

I paste laws to back up my responses. I'm here trying to learn about Saigas.

You seem to have a problem with my putting a bayonet on a Saiga-12, well, if it is illegal, I won't do it....but if it is legal, it's nice to know that that right hasn't been taken from me!...maybe I'll slap one on there.

P.S. I am not a militant, nor do I wear a Swastika....I am a soldier just back from active duty in support of Operation Noble Eagle/Enduring Freedom.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well see theres someone intelligent.

KySoldier:

from my view, it looks like its both in a loophole and is illegal, the magazine issue with shotguns. near as *I* can tell, those laws are sequential...meaning start up top, and as you go down, more laws are implied as you go. its a loophole that will be closed is what it is. they wouldnt be stamping the mags LEO ONLY if they WERE legal. really the laws are only in place because of gangland violence, and the stuff that happens like the LA bank shootout. no reason to ban semi-auto completely i dont think, but i CAN however see why california banned about everything fun to shoot because of that. did you know that you cant buy hollow point ammunition in MASS? or that you CAN buy silencers in CONN? thats the type of crap im mad about. again, blame the criminals. for instance, here in NY, i can get anything that you can get in states like NM or NV or FL, BUT i cant have them in certain cities here. why? those cities have gang related gun violence. therefore i agree with the laws. why give crooks even more leeway? i see no reason. I would have a problem living in england, as i am not english. I am an american. i wouldnt live any other place... again, i am a collector, like many of you, and i have an opinion just like yourselves. I dont thouroughly enjoy the insults i have gotten from many of you, and sent a nice long one back finally. we are all entitled to our opinions i guess. so if i offended the WRONG people, i am sorry. really i am. the one or two that my insult DOES apply to. well. FU too.

shotgun_lobotomy:

I am well aware of gauge vs caliber. I own a .410 that i used to shoot deer with. I currently own my legal limit of firearms in new york state, which is 18 weapons...my most prized firearm is actually an 1880's target rifle made by nelson lewis in troy, ny. I bought it for 350$ and its been appraised at over 3800$...maybe ill post a picture of it. i have a few old guns like that, but they dont apply to gun limits as they are antique and either dont take cartiridges currently manufactured, or are plain black powder. i own a few AKMs, i would LOVE to own an actual 1947 AK tho. fat chance. I do like my saiga12 though. lots of fun to shoot it. as much as i DO shoot my guns, i still dont see any reason for even owning 8 round magazines other than to make the gun look cooler. then again, im not into cool. im into unaltered originals. put a turkey choke on your saiga if you can afford it. did wonders to my followup shot accuracy...

That was a very civilized response Bvamp; you made some good points and identified your intentions as a collector. I personally like making my weapons look cool (I love accessories) but would also like to own an original Luger as well as other pieces of history...Just as before, I hold no grudge.

heh, wasnt it? yeh uh, lugers....i can prolly find you one, but its not something you want to carry on you. seems if you squeeze the side of the pistol near the seer, it will fire. not something i want in my pocket. you can find them within a working man's price range tho. not as hard as you think to find them if you know where to look...

maybe im confusing the method. i know lugers are DANGEROUS carry weapons. maybe its the exposed and oversized hammers. i thought it had the same problem as the nambus tho...ill have to ask my brotherinlaw...he owns or owned a luger.

Well, I love German manufactured guns and the Luger is the ultimate historical weapon in my eyes. I think Gaddis is right though, I saw the History of the Gun episode too about Japanese guns that had that one demonstrated. I've heard no draw backs like that on the Luger. Of course for a battlefield weapon they weren't the best (under powered, over complicated, etc) And NO, I wouldn't carry it. I carry an HK (ever since I got my license to conceal). I can just see the headlines now "MAN KILLS MINORITY WITH HATE WEAPON CLAIMING SELF DEFENCE"