Are You Sitting Down?

i am on this board First and for most, because i Love my Saiga's.

i Love my shotty & i like my 7.62

i have my CCW, and i enjoy my Springfield XD9

i am on this board to learn some cool tricks to improve the over all enjoyment of my Saiga's

under Bush i went through 2 serious job losses. i know it wasn't his fault..

but the GOP over the last 8 years has turned my stomach. you worry about things you may loose, but dont dwell on what you have lost already.

the patriot act, torture, imprisonment with out chance for a hearing..

personally i do respect every ones views on this site..

was raised republican, military family, church 3 times a week. live in eu for 5 years, guam for 4, and travel, every chance i get.

i want to feel safe when abroad, not a target.

so i am here to learn and have fun.. not to fear.

btw, did you donate time and money to your party?

did you spend hours canvasing from house to house...

i did. and i am hopeful we will see our place as a world power restored.

again, i am hear to learn from the guys willing to teach

give one, teach one..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am i afraid i will loose my job next week, yes... do i blame Bush, hell yes..

Look, here is something everyone needs to understand...

95% of us will lose whatever income stream we're living on at some point in the next 20 years.

Whatever is paying your bills right now WILL BE GONE at some point in the future, PERIOD!

To point fingers and assign blame is the wrong attitude to have. Everyone will lose their income at some point.

The question is, "What have you done today to create new income streams - or prepare yourself to create new ones - in the future?"

It's not the President's duty to make sure YOU HAVE A FUCKING JOB! That's YOUR responsibility.

If you think it's the President's responsibility to make sure you have a job, then it makes sense that you'd vote for Obama.

You'll learn. Unfortunately, life has a way of giving us the test first and not teaching us the lesson until later. The lessons can be pretty fucking painful.

The lesson for you in this is that it's not someone else's duty to take care of you. Believe it, or disregard it, at your option. You'll suffer less pain if you take that lesson to heart and act on it.

drwho, you truly are an idiot. I hope you get everything you deserve. Have fun being homeless and out of work and living in da hood. From what you have said on here I thinkl you are a disgrace if not a traitor to the firearms community and should take your sorry ass on down to the welfare line. JMO.

This thread is not in fight club....

Difference of view is not a reason to get nasty..

so get to a neutral corner, resume fighting when the bell rings.....

keep your hits above the belt.... or get thrown out of the ring.....

I can't wait for the poor unfortunate souls in Guantanimo that killed our soldiers, innocent civilians, and anyone else that can add to their bodycount for their Jihad on the rest of the world to be tried and freed under "time served" by the new administration. Like the great hero Khaled Sheikh Mohammed, who admits he is guilty of cutting off Daniel Pearl's head and planning the '93 WTC bombing, 9/11, and the shoe incident with Richard Reid that was supposed to blow up an airliner over the Atlantic!

Remember that we are not able to charge them with WAR CRIMES because the U.S. Congress never declared WAR! They sidestepped their responsibility and said that Bush should make the decision.

These "poor souls" in Guantanimo are the same people that cut of Nick Berg's head on video simply because of where he was born. Somehow, I don't think "torture" under DrWho's definition is the same fucking thing as mine! Putting underwear on someone's head is not torture in comparison to slowly sawing someone's head off as they scream for their life and then in horrible agony before their airpassage is finally severed by a blade. Maybe Nick should have simply stated with the blade halfway through his neck that, "Hey, you can't do that to me because it is against the Geneva Convention and you might be locked up temporarily in Cuba before you are released because it is politically incorrect to prosecute & convict people of your faith."

Holding someone against their will is what our penal system's punishment is based on. If that is torture, then let's let every convicted murderer, child molester, rapist, and arsonist out of prison! We'll see what kind of rosy fucking country we live in then. That's the problem with people that think this way... "Hey, let's release violent criminals from our 'cruel torturous prisons' and let them on the street when only 90% of all violent crime is done by repeat offenders; and then we'll take away the guns from the law abiding citizens so they can't protect themselves. That should stop crime!"

People that buy into the bullshit the news feeds us that the U.S. is a horrible country that "tortures" its prisoners should go to Africa to see what peace-loving goverments are really like. Or maybe they should drop out of school, commit a crime to get locked up for four years so they can get a free college degree and free Cable TV while incarcerated. What torture!

If you believe the media, then Obama is, by far, the greatest father/president/human/deity ever! REJOICE! Global Warming isn't our God anymore, Barack Obama is!

I am also super stoked that Bruce Springsteen, U2 and Beyonce got paid by U.S. taxpayer money to celebrate "the dream" finally coming true... we have our first half-Irish President! Fucking racists!

I can't wait for the poor unfortunate souls in Guantanimo that killed our soldiers, innocent civilians, and anyone else that can add to their bodycount for their Jihad on the rest of the world to be tried and freed under "time served" by the new administration. !

The question remains...freed to where. If their nationality can be determined, their own countries DO NOT want them.

In that case, They would HAVE to be "freed" in the U.S.

I am sure ACORN can assist them with housing, food "coupons" etc, oh yeah, and health care.

Believe it or not.

I just visted the local Sportsman's Warehouse.....nearly EVERY bulk brass bin was empty...all of the powder sold out, lead shot sold out. in the firearms counter, the wall which handguns usualy hang...empty but for a few.

Same, same, here man.

The ammo shelves here look like a Russian supermarket, too.

This seriously fucking sucks.

The only time I have seen shelves like this before was at a Home Depot when we were in the path of an approaching hurricane.

You could hear an echo in that place when you spoke! It was shopped out!

I usually steer clear of political discussions as they are nothing more than opinions and like the saying goes.......

I am a American and I believe in our heritage.... based on prosperity and how we achieve it for ourselves, this is the beauty of this great country.

While every one sees it as a party line problem Democrats or Republicans, everyone needs to remember we are a democratic society who votes our/their best interest. Majority wins the reigns for a term. While we may not like the decisions of other people we have to accept their decision for better or worse. After all we do not know what their current situation is and what they do is what they believe is in their best interest. When they cast their vote at the poll.

I do not like the events of the past 8 years nor did I like the Clinton administration. I do believe the core fundamentals of my beloved country are being attacked at a rate of which is going to tear the very fabric of our Constitution apart. While I did vote to put Bush in office I do believe there was more that could have been done to help protect our country. Anyone here who has spent time abroad in foreign lands knows first hand that our nationality or being called "American" is becoming a greater risk. This I believe is because of our overactive foreign policy's and lack of attention to our domestic issues. Prior to the Great War we "Americans" only stepped out on foreign battlefields when we were threatened, as we did in the 911 attacks, remember every "Red Blooded" American wanted a piece of ass for that (Democrats and Republicans). Our military enlistment numbers skyrocketed and we went to War on Terror. During the same time our domestic issues rose and was not kept in check...... We lost sight of the big picture. We have spread ourselves to thin.

So what have we accomplished by not keeping things in balance?

We can crash our dollar like nobody's business. The results are evident and I do not need to recap the hardships everyone here is having to endure whether financially or Constitutionally. Our only way of getting through this is to own up to we all had a part in this and we need to work together to get out. Our self serving interest are to blame, remember we all make up this country. And like the founding fathers we are people with the power to change our future.

I believe the price gouging on the things we hold dear like our beloved firearms is a form of stealing and we need not add to it anymore. Only buy from those who are within fair pricing and only contribute to those who are looking out for our fellow Americans and stand by them in this time of uncertainty. This will help correct the issues of greed and mistrust as this is what got the situation this bad to begin with.

When your Rights are threatened stand up with voice and say that we will not tolerate it and make sure they understand that the vote they cast in Congress is the vote that will have them out come next election if it is of not popular majority and not some self serving greedy purpose. I can assure you there are enough Red Blooded American with firearms both Democrats, Republicans or Non-Party affiliation that can stand down the Federal Government in any act/acts which is not in line with the beliefs of the majority of the citizens. No elected official would dare risk their beloved career if they knew there would be great numbers of Americans willing to do what it takes to defend our beliefs and our rights. I am not talking about some whack job religious zealot organizations, but a vast majority level headed law abiding citizens who would band together to stop tyranny in our government.

I am getting off the soapbox now... gotta get back to work.

This one falls under the third rule of the internet which states: Winning an argument on the Internet is like winning a Gold medal at the special olympics.

Your still a F@&KIN Retard.

Whats done is done stock up and live with it we have been here before and likely will be again. Alot of the legislation has to do with reversing ground made under the bush administration. Vote for me in 2012 I support a persons right to have an abortion while smokin a joint and discharging their weapon. let the Gays marry you relegious sorts can drop one R and pronounce it differently if that makes you happy really what the F do you care its not going on in your house. If it is you should be more tolerant of your family members. I also believe that courts should lighten up on assault charges it should be legal to tune a guy up for stepping out of line if more people got a choke slam attitude adjustment, well then you would see people become more respectful I'm good and fed up with lo life SOB's acting hard and trying to intimidate and push good people around. Next time some asshole starts talking at a movie feel free to give a nice sharp chop in the throat. Thats were we need to start is with behavioral modification tactics, a shot in the jewels, a little tazer to the temple, a loving head butt, a right cross, boots to the skull, or my favorite the choke slam. I will run on a platform of hemp and algae biodeisel and everbody except felons gotta carry a gun right out in the open saying go ahead see how that works out for you, cause stupid not only hurts it kills. Seriously a vote for me is vote for freedom as long as you only endangering yourself and your drinking buddies who get what they deserve because they know you and should know better. Its all good. I will instate state tests that will run you thru a training program and would then allow you to make your own decision on weather or not to go head on into a natural disaster as you have shown a common level of sense which I fear has now become above average, seriously when did we need a warning label on everything Again STUPIDITY SHOULD BE DEADLY. it thins the gene pool keeps the herd strong instead of this trend of de-evolution we are working our way into. Remember when things were rebuilt instead of tossed out. Mark my words we will be mining landfills in the near future for resources we have discarded. Oh ya Fluid Power were will you be in year I will buy an airsoft so it won't be so bad. look out for each other and be kind to your neighbors and fellow man we will get thru this and prosper again. I do not trust my government actually I trust very few people it must be earned and that in itself is a sad statement

Williespeed in 2012

Edited by Williespeed

I got this note from a buddy this morning.

I will have to tell you about the gun range in Vegas. It was full.

> One guy said he was a Wal-Mart across the street and a guy walked up the

> counter and said he wants all the ammo? All of it.... a guy behind him in

> line said "Can I buy some from you? He said go find it somewhere else....

> This shit is going nuts...

CGW is the exclusive warranty service company for RAAC now, so Im sure we will get ahold of your gun and fix it for you. Give RAAC a call, they will get shipping and that set up.

Thanks for the info.I have been on your page on this site and checked out the conversion prices.I'd like to get both guns done as side folders,and was wondering how long the wait was. From some of the posts I've read I 'm guessing It's awhile. I'll be getting in touch with RAAC ASAP .Also what is your opinion on the galil style charging handle on the Saiga 12?

Lets not lose sight of the fact that we are all Americans and love our country. We don't all see things the same way. All we can do is work together. Seems to me that there are people that are trying their best to divide this counrty. The things we have in common on this forum is a love of country, guns and our rights as Americans. Do whatever you can to protect those rights. Join the NRA or other groups that are fighting to protect those rights or we may lose them..............

Just got this from my usual Silver and Gold source.

Boy, and I thought gold at $650 was expensive. It's not even over yet. Just watch the Euro and Dollar as they go down the tubes in the next few months.

* * * Gold Advances Globally * * *

Dear Subscribers:

Yesterday, gold bullion climbed above the $900 point as this safe haven makes itself more and more known. In fact, gold prices made all-time highs yesterday in terms of the Euro and the British Pound.

Due to competitive currency devaluation by the world?s central banks, the U.S. Dollar is relatively strong. It seems that countries are racing to devalue their currencies in an attempt to spur exports and jobs.

However, as much as gold has made new high prices in terms of European currencies, the Dollar is in a far worse state. It cannot be more plain what the U.S. plans to do to the Dollar. The Dollar must and will be devalued on a grand scale to fund exorbitant U.S. fiscal over-spending, an exploding national debt and to promote exports to somehow slow job losses. Not only that, consider the fallout of the banking system failure.

The failure of the banking system cannot simply evaporate. Its significance is now being understood by more and more investors, who are recognizing that they need to take action and search out a safe haven. This will surely bode well for higher precious metals prices over the years.

Best of Investing,

Monex

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Note that both Gold and Silver are now above their 100-Day Moving Averages:

http://monex.com/prods/gold_chart.html

http://monex.com/prods/silver_chart.html

Just got this from my usual Silver and Gold source.

Boy, and I thought gold at $650 was expensive. It's not even over yet. Just watch the Euro and Dollar as they go down the tubes in the next few months.

As I've been reading this thread, I can feel my tension rising and almost want to jump out of the chair and run down to Walmart to grab all the ammo I can.

Unfortunately, I already stocked up on all calibers of ammo and I'm STILL nervous! ...lol... But contrary to reported "shortages", I was down at Walmart a couple of days ago, and there was PLENTY of 12 gauge ammo and a whole rack of guns, with SEVERAL 870's to choose from...the lowest at $277.00. (which ain't bad from Wally!)

Also, I've been trading stocks and commodities for a couple of decades, and I STRONGLY suggest that you think carefully before you put your hard-earned cash into gold. Most people buy gold at or near the "top"" of gold runs. With commodities (gold is a commodity!) you have to be RIGHT at least 4 times in a row to make money. You have to be right about the DIRECTION of the market, you have to right about the TIMING of your purchase, you have to be right about HOW HIGH it's going to go, and you have to be right about WHEN TO SELL it, because it will (historically) go down below where you bought it, and you need to lock in a profit before it turns into a loss.

Contrast this with AMMO as an investment, which has very limited downside (historically) but potentially EXPLOSIVE upside if Obama touches the ammo production or availability laws. (no pun intended)

With (say) $10k of ammo sitting in your garage, you could make 100% to 500% OVERNIGHT if Obama touches the ammo laws. (IF you even wanted to resell it!) OTOH, if Obama suddenly decides to go duck hunting and sees the wisdom of the 2nd amendment AS WRITTEN (ya right...), ammo MIGHT drift down in price 10%- 20%.

This is the classic definition of a good investment.......Limited downside with UNLIMITED upside potential.

Plus, ammo can be used for bartering. It's a lot easier to "make change" on a small trade with a couple of rounds of .223 than with a gold bar! ....lol...... A lot safer to carry around too!

Please think this over carefully before responding. This message was written to calm the fears of everyone who is WORRIED SICK about our future and our country, and we need to calm down and think CLEARLY for the sake of our families and our futures.

If gold goes to $2000 per ounce, would you sell it then? Or would you keep it? Or would you ride it down to below the price you bought and regret the "loss" for the rest of your life? This is a psychological problem that professional traders battle, EVERY SINGLE DAY, so you probably won't be immune to it either. (as a gold owner)

If you had the same value in ammo stored in your garage, would you know what to do with it? Ammo has a real use in our real lives, so OF COURSE you'd know what to do with it! And you'd find it a lot easier to keep track of the value, too.

For those of you who can't find ammo, just look on Arfcom or Wideners.com, where they have large bulk ammo lots available. Mail ordering ammo often saves you money on the price and lack of sales tax.

Hope this calms some fears out there. We're all in this together.

You should definately analyze your reason for buying gold. If you are looking for a quick profit you will likely lose. If you are looking for a dividend or something, you need to look elsewhere as gold is a sterile investment. Sterile investment means that you wind up with exactly what you have in 1, 10, or 1,000 years; namely "X" amount of gold. If, however, you are looking to preserve your capital there is no more proven item. You start with 1 ounce and you end up with one ounce. The price of that one ounce is determined by the value of the currency used to buy it. It is simply a store of value. macdonald is correct in that you need to think carefully before, not after, you decide to buy or not. The question to me is, how much do I anticipate losing by holding dollar denominated assets? For a few bucks ammo is a great choice, for a few more bucks guns are a great choice. What to do with several hundred thousand though becomes problematic unless your garage is very large indeed. Gold & diamonds have been used as a store of value for years because they are easily transportable, retain their intrinsic value and so on. Diamond prices are run by a rigged game (DeBeers) but the gold, currency, stock & commodity markets are also all run by a rigged game (artificially manipulated) so you pays your money and you takes your chances. Guns, ammo & gold all look to be superior stores of value in this day and time to me. Just another thought.

You should definately analyze your reason for buying gold. If you are looking for a quick profit you will likely lose.

Exactly right. It should only be purchased as a HEDGE to protect the value of today's dollars against inflation.

If you are looking for a dividend or something, you need to look elsewhere as gold is a sterile investment. Sterile investment means that you wind up with exactly what you have in 1, 10, or 1,000 years; namely "X" amount of gold. If, however, you are looking to preserve your capital there is no more proven item. You start with 1 ounce and you end up with one ounce. The price of that one ounce is determined by the value of the currency used to buy it. It is simply a store of value.

Exactly correct.

macdonald is correct in that you need to think carefully before, not after, you decide to buy or not. The question to me is, how much do I anticipate losing by holding dollar denominated assets? For a few bucks ammo is a great choice, for a few more bucks guns are a great choice. What to do with several hundred thousand though becomes problematic unless your garage is very large indeed. Gold & diamonds have been used as a store of value for years because they are easily transportable, retain their intrinsic value and so on. Diamond prices are run by a rigged game (DeBeers) but the gold, currency, stock & commodity markets are also all run by a rigged game (artificially manipulated) so you pays your money and you takes your chances. Guns, ammo & gold all look to be superior stores of value in this day and time to me. Just another thought.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!

Guns can not ONLY be used to protect the value of your money as it is TODAY, but they can also be used to protect YOU in the event of an emergency.

One thing I like about various firearms is that they're cheap enough to use as barter in a pinch. A fully loaded high-cap mag would be much easier to trade (value for value) than a Krugerand or a diamond. Who would be able to make change for a gold bar or a diamond? You might be able to trade a high-cap mag for something straight across.

Buying gold or firearms in some kind of capital gain investment deal would be a big mistake.

1911 is exactly right

Sad to say that the only real conservative running was Ron Paul, and you see where that went. You just cannot run a fossil and a fool (McCain and Caribou Barbie) following eight years of the worst President in ALL of American history and expect to win. Unless the "republican" party reinvents itself and fast (and realizes that conservative is not a synonym for stupid, corrupt, and evil) there will be no more elected republicans. That's sad. For all of us. As for laws, there is a LIMIT to what any bankrupt and impotent government can do before its citizens simple ignore the damn thing and go about their business. That, in my opinion, is what is coming. The utter irrelevance of the federal government of the USA (along with it BATFs, ATFs, FEMAs, EPAs, and all the sorry rest of them).

You should definately analyze your reason for buying gold. If you are looking for a quick profit you will likely lose. If you are looking for a dividend or something, you need to look elsewhere as gold is a sterile investment. Sterile investment means that you wind up with exactly what you have in 1, 10, or 1,000 years; namely "X" amount of gold. If, however, you are looking to preserve your capital there is no more proven item. You start with 1 ounce and you end up with one ounce. The price of that one ounce is determined by the value of the currency used to buy it. It is simply a store of value. macdonald is correct in that you need to think carefully before, not after, you decide to buy or not. The question to me is, how much do I anticipate losing by holding dollar denominated assets? For a few bucks ammo is a great choice, for a few more bucks guns are a great choice. What to do with several hundred thousand though becomes problematic unless your garage is very large indeed. Gold & diamonds have been used as a store of value for years because they are easily transportable, retain their intrinsic value and so on. Diamond prices are run by a rigged game (DeBeers) but the gold, currency, stock & commodity markets are also all run by a rigged game (artificially manipulated) so you pays your money and you takes your chances. Guns, ammo & gold all look to be superior stores of value in this day and time to me. Just another thought.

1911, I don't want to sound like I'm disagreeing with you, but gold is a COMMODITY. And it's value is ANYTHING but fixed!

When you buy gold, YOU ARE TRADING COMMODITIES. The commodity market (and stock and bond) markets are not "rigged." The are, however, traded professionally, by professional traders and people who know what they're doing, and their BUSINESS is trying to take money from other traders. (i.e. you)

As a novice buyer/trader of gold (or silver or diamonds, etc. etc.) what do you think your chances are of making a profit? Remember: we are depending on THE GREATER FOOL THEORY, which means that at some point, we're going to try to sell our gold to some greater fool than us, at a HIGHER price than we paid, in order to retrieve our investment capital.

You can't use gold for anything, unless you're a jeweler, unlike ammo which can be used by almost ANYONE and holds it's value because it's not traditionally used for an inflation hedge. (which is why I like it...... traditional "hiding places" for investment capital are NOT GOING TO WORK this time)

Historically, MOST INVESTORS have bought AT or NEAR the top of gold runs, and have lost money trying to "hedge against inflation". Where are we now, in the value of gold? We don't know, but it's almost certain that AT SOME TIME IN FUTURE, gold will be cheaper than it is right now. Don't believe me? Find a chart going back 50 years and see how many times gold has been run up, only to fall back and go stagnant for a couple of decades.

Similar cautions exist when trying to buy FOREIGN currencies, because the US consumer is the target customer for most of the world's goods, and if our dollar falls, EVERYBODY'S CURRENCY eventually takes a hit. If we catch a cold....they catch pneumonia. (as the old saying goes)

What REALLY WORRIES ME, is that EVERYONE is talking about gold as an investment right now! It's on TV and radio....about every third commercial. It's on magazine covers and billboards and cabs. People are starting websites for gold discussion.

When everyone agrees on an investment, what usually happens? Does it go up?......... lol...... Or does it go down?

Like I said before, gold could go to $2000 per ounce. But it's ALREADY doubled since the recent bottom, and if you look at the historical spot gold chart, gold prices are really ragged looking right now.

Now.....if you bought $100,000 of ammo, you could store in the space of about the size of a Volkswagen and you're right. IT'S NOT going to be convenient to store that much ammo, but the reason it's so convenient to store gold is THAT YOU'RE PAYING ALMOST $1000 PER OUNCE for something that's ABSOLUTELY USELESS unless you happen to be a jeweler or electronics manufacturer. Now EVERYONE is asking the same question.... WHAT DO I DO FOR THE SAFETY OF MY SAVING AND INVESTMENTS?

Contrary to popular belief, uncounted investors have lost EVERYTHING THEY OWN betting on gold and silver! And I'm CERTAINLY not saying that the US dollar is the best place to have your money right now.

I'm just worried that the current rabid buyers of gold are simply worried investors. And when "the coast is clear" and they go to sell, who's going to want to buy it from them? Do you see the problem here?

Anyway, food for thought.

It wasn't until the mid twentieth century that the US dollar replaced gold in international trade. Gold has been sought from ancient Persian to Pre-Columbian cultures. Gold has always retained its value as "x" amount of gold. You say, "...uncounted investors have lost EVERYTHING THEY OWN betting on gold...". That may be true but the key word is "betting". When you own gold outright there is no "betting". You own one ounce today and you own one ounce tomorrow; the only way to lose it is for it to be stolen or you literally lose it. You can use gold as a store of value as the wealthy have throughout history. Where did people turn when the Deutsche Mark collapsed in Germany? People were feeding their stoves with the paper because it cost more to buy wood to burn. You say the markets are not "rigged". Do you recal the Hunt brothers and silver? Have you viewed The Creature from Jekyll Island on YouTube? 12 parts and worth your time. Am I correct? I don't know, but I do know that as I said you pays your money and you takes your chances. My philosophy has not changed appreciably on the matter since 1971. Gold is a sterile thing. Gold has reacted in price precipitiously since 1971 when President Nixon closed the gold window. I would encourage everyone to study the current economic situation and follow their own best instincts and study. Unfortuanately most folks put as much time into this subject as they do raising their children. Both for many seem to have tragic results as a result of their lack of attention. You make some good points and obviously feel that you have found the correct path. At the end of the road some will have made some good decisions and some have made some poor decisions. Unfortuanately it is not until the end to the road that it becomes clear which is which. As you say, food for thought. I wish you well in your decisions.

Edited by 1911
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey all..I bought my Saiga rifle first. (.223) Tried to order a 12 and the local dealer I like to deal with couldnt find one. I just left another dealer from down the street..He finally got on the Saiga bandwagon..and what an expensive wagon! The cheapest Saiga he had was a .223..$529.... With the bolt on (non-converted) AR type stock..and regular handguard?..700. Saiga 12 guage?..Sure..non converted $929..bolt on Tapco stock..$1029...These are the times that try mens souls.

i saw a saiga .308 at some random shop i stopped at for $759 a few weeks ago. when i saw the price i busted out laughing. the guy was pissed.

Didn't this thread start out as the sticker shock from new saiga prices?

Guess you missed the new rule that states political backwash, hate speech, ignorance, and soap boxing must fill every thread! I like the forum with light moderation, but threads like this which go so far off topic really need to be stepped on.

On topic...

Chantilly, Virginia show, saw some S12's ranging from $600-$700+ new with standard configuration.

The lines were out of control, I went there on a Sunday afternoon, the line was about 25 people deep on either side. My bro went there on Friday after work, he said the lines wrapped around the building on both sides, which is at least as big as a Walmart. Good to see so many people show up, bad to see the dealers gouging.

Hey all..I bought my Saiga rifle first. (.223) Tried to order a 12 and the local dealer I like to deal with couldnt find one. I just left another dealer from down the street..He finally got on the Saiga bandwagon..and what an expensive wagon! The cheapest Saiga he had was a .223..$529.... With the bolt on (non-converted) AR type stock..and regular handguard?..700. Saiga 12 guage?..Sure..non converted $929..bolt on Tapco stock..$1029...These are the times that try mens souls.

It's getting realy bad. I haven't bought a saiga for my shop in 2 months and I am an FFL.