Non-Conversion P-grip Stocks

Tapco, ACE, and probably more seem to be offering non-conversion Saiga stocks with separate pistol grip and even folding stock. Maybe I've missed something over the past couple years, but back when I was here more often we were constantly telling people they couldn't just plug something in and it be legal. The beauty of having to convert is that if you use all US parts you're good for compliance. True, now there are a lot more US mags out there, but still it seems that there's a lot of potential for people to innocently throw a non-conversion stock in their Saiga. Remember, adding a P-grip when it didn't have one already doesn't lower the imported parts count.

I get asked to make them all the time and I keep having to be the bearer of bad news, and now I feel like I'm the only one who still thinks it isn't ok. Did I miss something?

On another note, seeing all the threads saying "Am I legal?" drives me nuts. If you're not sure about your legality, DON'T tell the whole world on the internet. Heck, don't modify your gun either until you have the answers, and if it's already modified just disassemble it and wait for an answer.

I fully agree with you!

I see them at the gun shows here in Atlanta stuck on the dealers tables for all to see with those stupid stocks on them. They point at them knowingly and tell me, "See they have this new stock that does not require all that work." W

hen I tell them that is illegal that argue and angry. I tell them that it is no matter to me, that sooner or later, they will agree with me.

Long time no see BRG3 everything been okay with you. I agree those stocks make the AK rifle look awkward as well as front heavy. I hate when folks use the term conversion for just adding a stock with a PG bolted to the bottom of it. The factory trigger SUCKS so why would you want to keep it unless you plan on leaving the gun in stock form.

post-6703-1230770596.jpg

I have seem many guns that are not 922r compliant at gunshows and even at my local dealers shop. When I warned them they just ignore it. Most of these guns are bubba gunsmith jobs that look awful. Seems many people are ignorant of 922r or think it expired with the 94 AWB. I go through great pains to make my guns legal. I suggest we list manufacturer parts that are not 922 compliant like Leapers/UTG and CAA. I have seen many pictures here with parts form those manufacturers on them and I am not sure the builders are aware they broke the law. CAA is the worst as people like them due to the "cool" look and great feel of their pistol grips, too bad they are made in Israel.

• 4 weeks later...