I hadn't seen these until recently, and they seem so neat I can't believe they weren't offered long ago.

A laser site that replaces the end cap on a tube fed shotgun. This would only work on mags with a removable external cap, ie not a Mossberg 500. It also would preclude use of a mag extension, so an ideal use would be one that was already extended, like a Winchester 1300 Defender, Mossberg 590, or Browning or Ithaca home defense model. The 1300 Defender Practical with longer barrel would be ideal, since then the laser wouldn't extend beyond the muzzle.

Sort of similar to something offered for HK rifles and Saiga shotguns. The HK version would replace the end cap on the cocking tube, and the Saiga version the gas adjustment knob.

While we're at it, anyone know where to find those HK lasers?

Edited by BattleRifleG3

Thanks a bunch! Now I'm wondering what shotguns have the same threads as the 870.

Some websites identify this laser as working on Mossberg shotguns with mag tube cap (500A, 590, 835) but buyers report that it does not thread on completely. I just tried interchanging the tube caps between my 590 and 870. The 870 cap started on my 590 but wouldn't go all the way on. The 590 cap wouldn't even start on the 870. Which tells me that even though it may start to fit or force fit, they should not be interchanged, especially when accuracy is a concern.

Maybe this is the first of many models. Seems to me a shotgun accessory should be made in versions for Mossberg, Remington, and Winchester.

Edited by BattleRifleG3
  • 4 weeks later...