I got started on cigars in the military and had no problem getting Cohibas during that 12 years. I gave 'em up in '97 when I got out and couldn't get 'em any more... [Gave my Dad a box [50] of Lanceros for his birthday that I got in (smuggled back from) Zimbabwe in 1995 - He said they were a "whole nuther world - almost drug like" compared to what we get here.... I got spoiled - but Backwood have a certain someting (positive) about them... Different, but decent...

Macbeau sends...

HAV-A-TAMPA jewels, either sweet or vanilla. I will buy Swisher Sweets if there are none of the HAVA-TAMPA's but they are a poor substitute!

Real men smell of cigars, cordite and Hoppe's #9.

I enjoy smoking a cigars on occasion, typically when I'm either shooting, fishing, or camping. So far, my favorite has been the Vintage 1992 by Rocky Patel.

You guys have any favorites that you smoke?

+1 on the 1992 and the Punch Grand Puro

Acid 1400cc's

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero's

R&J 100th Anniversarios

Cohiba XV's

Arturo Fuente Double Chateau's

HDM Robusto's

Gotta restock the humidor, getting low. Been smoking a lot of stogies lately for some reason.

EDIT: If you get a chance, try the new Acid "Deep Dish", I picked a couple up last time I stopped in the shop and they are an excellent smoke.

Edited by kingarmory.com
When i was in japan i was able to get my hands on Montecristo Cigars... they were awsome...

Let me see, now. Which cigar did William Jefferson Clinton (AKA: Presidential POS) use in his "meetings" with his favorite intern???? :rolleyes: You'd probably have to smoke them right away or they would not stay lit. . . :smoke:

When i was in japan i was able to get my hands on Montecristo Cigars... they were awsome...

Let me see, now. Which cigar did William Jefferson Clinton (AKA: Presidential POS) use in his "meetings" with his favorite intern???? :rolleyes: You'd probably have to smoke them right away or they would not stay lit. . . :smoke:

Who's cooking a fatburger in the White House kitchen? :unsure:

Depends. I try to buy them by the box. Retail for the Padron 4000s (my weekly smoker) are about $4 a stick. You'll save at least 30% buying by the box. most of the ones on here (Punch, Arturo, Cohiba, Patel, Padilla) are about $4-10 a stick depending on the size you get.

La Fontana is another good one to add to this list if you like a bit of a sweet cigar but still somewhat woody. Not like acid candy sweet.

Big question is what do you drink with it? I usually do Lagavulin or a nice tawny port. Guinness if I'm feeling poor.

I got a quick (serious!) question for all the cigar aficionados on the forum here. :cryss:

What do you all do with a cigar like an ACID Blondie where the foil cigar ring is actually glued to the center of the cigar (thus making it unable to be pulled off). :unsure:

Do you just continue to smoke the cigar thru the ring? Seem like an awful lot of good cigar goodness is wasted if you throw it away once you get to the center ring.

That's one of the good things about cheap(er) cigars. Most of the time the ring comes off easy on them. :up:

That seems weird it's glued like that. Sometimes if you smoke it a bit first, so it's warm (not hot!) the logos and seals are easier to pull off without ripping the wrapper.

Smoking your cigars without the logo is polite.

Great idea! I'll try smoking it a bit first (no, not like that :angry2: ) before working on removing the foil foreskin. :lol:

Now, to let the fingernails grow a bit first (without gnawing on them) so I can get a hold of that foil f**cker. :lol:

Haven't had one in years. Quit smoking in 92. I do miss my pipe sometimes though.

The best cigar I ever had was in college right after big chilli breakfast cooked illegally in the dorms. One of the guys there was Italian and brought out an espresso maker (one of the old fashioned kind you used on a stove top) and made espresso. I got my highly illegal (dry campus) bottle of Courvosier cognac for the coffee. We then got a couple of cheapo cigars (not sure what they were) and went out with our cognac laced espresso to smoke and drink. It was snowing, that soft clean snow you only get in the south west areas of the US. It was a total sensory overload, the coffee with cognac, the cigar and the snow blown fresh air combined with a biting cold. Best start to a morning I ever had.