I've not posted anything on here before, but i've been watching for a good while. I've seen quite a few posts of people looking for help with conversions. I figured perhaps a good list of those of us willing to lend a helping hand would be helpful. As for my self, I'm no profesional, however before the army I worked a good while as a machinist, I've done my own conversion and a little work on other firearms. I'm located in the Montgomery AL area and willing to help anyone intimidated or otherwise confused by any firearm problems.

• Like 1

Thats an awesome idea. I've watched a video of a saiga conversion, but I never even considered doing it myself until I found someone willing to help out. I figure if I can just see it done right, ask questions firsthand, I shouldn't have a problem doing it on my own. But I know I'd screw it up with written directions, even a step by step video.

Acer, coolest avatar ever ~

I am not a saiga guru, but I have converted 2 of my own and 3 for friends (after they saw mine they had to have one), but I will put my name into the mix for anyone in/or around the southern Nevada (LV, Henderson, Boulder city, and surrounds) to help convert.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in Northern VA, usually available on Saturday or Sunday. I'd be happy to help anyone do a basic conversion, by help I mean, I give you guidance and you do the work. If you don't think you can do the work, send your rifle out to be converted, otherwise send me a PM.

I'd be happy to help anyone do a basic conversion, by help I mean, I give you guidance and you do the work.

Doing it any other way just takes all the fun out of it . . .

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Providence, RI and looking for someone to do conversion work on my Saiga12. I have all the parts from MMA en route. Anyone in the area willing do the work? I was going to be working with Ripper, but i am also looking for anyone else that could help.

Any idea on how much a Gunsmith should charge for this service? Just your typical conversion with the following...

1 x Fire Control Group

1 x AK SAW Pistol Grip - Black

1 x Tromix Do-It-Yourself Saiga 12 Trigger Guard

How much should they charge?

and is anyone else available to do this conversion, if i had to ship it thats no problem too...any suggestions? Thank You.

Central Conn is pretty close :)

I am in Providence, RI and looking for someone to do conversion work on my Saiga12. I have all the parts from MMA en route. Anyone in the area willing do the work? I was going to be working with Ripper, but i am also looking for anyone else that could help.

Any idea on how much a Gunsmith should charge for this service? Just your typical conversion with the following...

1 x Fire Control Group

and is anyone else available to do this conversion, if i had to ship it thats no problem too...any suggestions? Thank You.

Paying a gunsmith is a waste of money.

It really is as easy as is said for you to do it yourself.

Just ordered tromix kits for a S223 and S12. Good to know there's a Saiga family here to help if needed. Once I complete my conversions (doing it myself) and have first hand experience. I'd also be glad to help anyone else out. I'm in North Atlanta, GA.

1 x Fire Control Group

Paying a gunsmith is a waste of money.

It really is as easy as is said for you to do it yourself.

+1.

After converting a x39, and then an S12. I can honestly say that the S12 was easier. IMO, anyway. Take a stab at it yourself, or find someone to help you (read: not do it for you, but help you).

I would like to remind everyone, that when you change a weapon from its factory configuration to another configuration permanently (such as doing a full conversion to a saiga, and NOT just parts swapping) or rebuilding a gun onto a new reciever from a parts kit, that you are supposed to not do it for profit, and you are supposed to put your name on it. If you are a company and do it, you should put your company name on it that is on your FFL, and have to keep record on your books of each gun changed for the ATF to inspect when they come around, as well as pay taxes on the income from said build. Bartering such services is also considered profiteering. Refinishing a gun also falls into this category, as well.

I highly doubt a one-off gun will cause anyone much grief, however, if they want to bust your balls, having a large number of firearms that have been completely reconfigured laying around the house without your name on it might give them the reason they are looking for. Dont want to hear any bitching, I didnt write the regulation, although I know it.

Gunsmithing is NOT a waste of your money. I find it incredible that a long time member here would say such nonsense. My friend hasnt seen this, and I hope that he does not, because I know he will be personally insulted by your remark.

Gunsmithing is definitely NOT a waste of money! Know your limits in fixing and modifying stuff, if a project exceeds those limits, go to a professional. It is better to have the job done right by a professional than to turn your firearm into a non-firearm or worse something that's going to blow your face off. Many gun smiths make a lot of money fixing bad hacks done by people who think they can save a couple bucks.

Edited by vbrtrmn
I would like to remind everyone, that when you change a weapon from its factory configuration to another configuration permanently (such as doing a full conversion to a saiga, and NOT just parts swapping) or rebuilding a gun onto a new reciever from a parts kit, that you are supposed to not do it for profit, and you are supposed to put your name on it. If you are a company and do it, you should put your company name on it that is on your FFL, and have to keep record on your books of each gun changed for the ATF to inspect when they come around, as well as pay taxes on the income from said build. Bartering such services is also considered profiteering. Refinishing a gun also falls into this category, as well.

I highly doubt a one-off gun will cause anyone much grief, however, if they want to bust your balls, having a large number of firearms that have been completely reconfigured laying around the house without your name on it might give them the reason they are looking for. Dont want to hear any bitching, I didnt write the regulation, although I know it.

Gunsmithing is NOT a waste of your money. I find it incredible that a long time member here would say such nonsense. My friend hasnt seen this, and I hope that he does not, because I know he will be personally insulted by your remark.

Links to the laws, please.

There is no law that says you have to put your name on a gun just because you milled off ¼" of steel. If there were, there'd be some guns out there that looked like billboards.

Spraying paint from a can onto a rifle requires you to put your name on it? RIIIIIIIGGGHTT.

I'm calling bull**** on this and starting to wonder where you come up with this stuff.