I would like to remind everyone, that when you change a weapon from its factory configuration to another configuration permanently (such as doing a full conversion to a saiga, and NOT just parts swapping) or rebuilding a gun onto a new reciever from a parts kit, that you are supposed to not do it for profit, and you are supposed to put your name on it. If you are a company and do it, you should put your company name on it that is on your FFL, and have to keep record on your books of each gun changed for the ATF to inspect when they come around, as well as pay taxes on the income from said build. Bartering such services is also considered profiteering. Refinishing a gun also falls into this category, as well.

I highly doubt a one-off gun will cause anyone much grief, however, if they want to bust your balls, having a large number of firearms that have been completely reconfigured laying around the house without your name on it might give them the reason they are looking for. Dont want to hear any bitching, I didnt write the regulation, although I know it.

Gunsmithing is NOT a waste of your money. I find it incredible that a long time member here would say such nonsense. My friend hasnt seen this, and I hope that he does not, because I know he will be personally insulted by your remark.

Links to the laws, please.

There is no law that says you have to put your name on a gun just because you milled off ¼" of steel. If there were, there'd be some guns out there that looked like billboards.

Spraying paint from a can onto a rifle requires you to put your name on it? RIIIIIIIGGGHTT.

I'm calling bull**** on this and starting to wonder where you come up with this stuff.

I guess this brings me back to my original question...

Anyone know what a decent price for a gunsmith should be charging for this type of a conversion? Give or take?

Thank You.

Anyone know what a decent price for a gunsmith should be charging for this type of a conversion? Give or take?

Thank You.

This is not the right thread for your question. This thread is about people helping people convert, not helping find a gunsmith.

Start a new thread or look at some of the forum vendor's list of services.

1 x Fire Control Group

1 x AK SAW Pistol Grip - Black

1 x Tromix Do-It-Yourself Saiga 12 Trigger Guard

How much should they charge?

and is anyone else available to do this conversion, if i had to ship it thats no problem too...any suggestions? Thank You.

Thank You.

Per shipping, you need to ship to a gun smith with an FFL01 license, if you don't both you and whoever you are shipping to are breaking Federal law; which means you will go to Federal-Rape-You-In-The-Ass-Prison.

Estimate the conversion would take about 1-3 hours, call around and ask for hourly rates, it is pretty much impossible to guess what smiths in your area charge; any speculation would be fucking worthless anyway. When you call ask if they have experience converting Saiga shotguns and/or rifles; either way ask how much they'd charge for a conversion. Ask if you can bring your own parts. If you can't be bothered with doing any leg work, then you're not going to get your gun converted, unless you do it yourself. Converting it yourself isn't hard anyway, if you can work with basic hand tools, you can do the conversion.

nalioth is right about this not being the right thread!

Edited by vbrtrmn

sigh....

it went along just fine with my previous post...asking for whom can help, then people side tracked on gunsmithing...laws about gunsmithing....ect.. So dont tell me i was out of line with my post. I didn't find it needed to start a whole new thread when we are talking about the exact topic of what we are talking about here. could have just answered the question and moved on....now its clutter.

Thank you anyway for trying to help...

START A NEW ONE... SIMPLE AS THAT.

I got 11 freaking PM's in LESS THAN 5 minutes about this thread... it will take an hour to fuck with it... it will take you 5 minutes for you all to repost in it...

HAVE FUN quit being crybabies.

:smoke: