Locking in 12 SureFire mags

Is there any trick or mod needed to get the SureFire mags to lock in? I just received 4 new 12rd. mags and none of them will even come close to locking in at the mag catch.

Well this was easy to figure out (I should have tried before I posted the question)

I simply had to file a small amount off of both sides of the first 'rib' on the back of the mag where it touches the bottom of the receiver/mag well. They now lock up very solidly.

• 4 weeks later...

That's not surprising to me. I too noticed how close the ribs came to the bottom of the receiver. Mine butts right up against it, but required the squared corners on the rear of the mag to be slightly rounded off to fit in the mag well.

surefire.jpg

One issue I discovered with having the ribs in contact with the receiver like that was after shooting it, one of the corners of the ribs broke off. Probably from smacking the bottom of the gun. I was able to exchange it for a new one though without a problem.

magcorner.jpg

I think I'll probably remove a little off this area on both of mine before firing them. Shouldn't hurt anything and may help prevent this from happening again.

Corbin