Reloading Press and Manual for $39.98

I happened upon a bargain when I was reloading and I just called the Lee factory and it is still in effect.

Lee Precision has been making reloading presses for as long as any other supplier.

They have a special for beginning reloaders.

Lee Anniversary Pack

"... a special offer for the beginning reloader. The Anniversary

pack has "Modern Reloading" that will teach you how to load ammo that is more accurate than factory on your first try. It also includes a free Reloader Press, a full size reloading press that accepts all

standard dies.

Lee Anniversary Pack

post-5881-1231163400.jpg

The book normally sells for $30.98 . You get the book and press for $39.98 Plus

$4 shipping.

This is a great deal for beginners. A single stage press is the safest way to learn reloading.

[send your order to:

Lee Precision

4275 Highway U

Hartford,

Wisc.

When you order ask for Service Part #90700.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a few tips about components xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Try to pick up free brass in your caliber at the range. If you see a guy shooting 7.62 brass and he is not picking them up, ask if he minds if you pick them up. If you get free once fired commercial brass, you just got 10 reloads on free brass.

- Buy your bullets in packs of 100 or less until you know what you want and then buy them by the thousand.

-Buy primers in packs of 100 until you know what you want and then buy them by the thousand or "bricks" of 10,000.

- Don't ever buy more than a pound of powder at a time unless you are shooting 200 + rounds a weekend. It depends on what you are shooting but a pound of powder lasted for about 1500 rounds (in 9mm) or about 400- 500 rounds in 7.62.

louielouie

I have owned Lee reloading equipment and Dillon reloading equipment (including the Square Deal and Dillon 650).

The mistake I made was not learning to load on a single stage press to really LEARN the basics.

I took a look at the review that Ken Marsh has done and a thought occurred to me;

I have heard of Lee Reloading, but never heard of Ken Marsh.

;):blush:

louielouie

Edited by louielouie
I took a look at the review that Ken Marsh has done and a thought occurred to me;

I have heard of Lee Reloading, but never heard of Ken Marsh.

;):blush:

louielouie

http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/sport.html

Interesting read....

http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/lee.html

Tell us how you really feel Ken! :lolol:

His biases against some primers is totally unjustified. I have used the primers he tells us to avoid without any issues. Let's face it, he screwed up once an now blames the primers. If you pay attention (that means no TV, no radio, no distractions, period...) to what you are doing you will avoid any problems. I use a Dillon 550 progressive now due to the volume I shoot (30K+ of 9mm/yr) but I started with a Lee Challenger anniversary kit years ago. I still keep it for depriming military brass or loading rifle rounds. BTW, buy other loading manuals too, they offer load data for various stuff Lee may have missed or left out..

Interesting read....

http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/lee.html

Tell us how you really feel Ken! :lolol:

His biases against some primers is totally unjustified. I have used the primers he tells us to avoid without any issues. Let's face it, he screwed up once an now blames the primers. If you pay attention (that means no TV, no radio, no distractions, period...) to what you are doing you will avoid any problems. I use a Dillon 550 progressive now due to the volume I shoot (30K+ of 9mm/yr) but I started with a Lee Challenger anniversary kit years ago. I still keep it for depriming military brass or loading rifle rounds. BTW, buy other loading manuals too, they offer load data for various stuff Lee may have missed or left out..

'Saigaczech'

You made a lot of good points.

I always had the rule that when I reloaded, that's all I did. I didn't even listen to a radio.

I got so far into reloading that all I did when I got to the range was to pick up brass.

Dillon is the "Cadillac" of reloading with customer service that is unrivaled.

With that said, when I sold my Dillon 650 and all its accessories, I kept a few reloading things.

I still have a 3-4-stage (Progressive) Lee Turret press

- a single stage Lee Challenger Press

- Auto-Disc Lee Powder drop (attaches to die)

- extra Lee powder dropper.

- a little powder in a half dozen brands

- some large and small primers.

I figure if things get tough, all I need is a couple of sets of dies, a few bullets and I am up and running again.

I would trust my life to Lee; I have done it before.

louielouie

yeah who the fuck is Ken Marsh...

I don't know who the fuck Ken Marsh is. Nor do I really care. It's not like he's a friend of mine and I'm promoting his site or anything. Nor do I necessarily believe everything he says. He did seem to have a few good points though, so I was offering that info to anyone who might want to hear it. For all I know he works for Dillon. :rolleyes: Lee isn't God though. Everyone makes mistakes. I was also trying to bring to everyone's attention that his book can be had for a lot cheaper than 30 bucks.

I don't have Lee or Dillon equipment. I've got a Mec reloader that I am very satisfied with.

yeah who the fuck is Ken Marsh...

I don't know who the fuck Ken Marsh is. Nor do I really care. It's not like he's a friend of mine and I'm promoting his site or anything. Nor do I necessarily believe everything he says. He did seem to have a few good points though, so I was offering that info to anyone who might want to hear it. For all I know he works for Dillon. :rolleyes: Lee isn't God though. Everyone makes mistakes. I was also trying to bring to everyone's attention that his book can be had for a lot cheaper than 30 bucks.

I don't have Lee or Dillon equipment. I've got a Mec reloader that I am very satisfied with.

I looked on Midway USA and found the Lee book for $13.99. They also had the same press for $25.99. Shipping put it over $50.

On the Lee book and press I was pointing out that a book and press could be bought relatively cheaply.

When you start reloading you have a lot of up front expense. I figure any advice to keep the cost down.

When everyone else had electronic scales I was still weighing mine on my $20 Lee Safety scale. I did what the instructions said and leveled the scales. I then cut a piece of paper 1/4 inch sqare. When I dropped it on the scales they reacted and I actually could weigh the paper. I figured if it could do that, then I could live with it.

HERE IS GREAT WAY TO START. TAKE A RELOADING FRIEND WITH YOU TO A BIG GUNSHOW AND HAVE THEM HELP YOU PICK UP EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO GET STARTED. I DID THIS WITH A FRIEND AND HE WALKED OUT $200 LATER WITH EVERYTHING HE NEEDED TO START RELOADING .223.

MEC is shotshell reloading and I don't know anything about that. I have never reloaded a shotshell in my life.

louielouie