Reloading for the Saiga 223

Yes I know this isn't the reloading forum but a search produced 0 results on hand loads for the Saiga .223.

I just got my 16" stock (un-converted) Saiga .223 the Friday after Christmas in a great trade so I haven't had the chance to really shoot it for accuracy just function. I've got steel case Barnaul 55Gn Sp on the way but I'm also sourcing reloading components as well. I'm not going to convert this one as I like it in its sporter fashion. I may had a no-conversion stock w/ pistol grip later. I plan on using this for some coyote hunting.

So have any of you hand loaded for accuracy and if so what have been your results? I'm not expecting bench rest results here but then again you never know.

If there are other threads on this please point me to them as I have not found them yet.

TIA

So have any of you hand loaded for accuracy and if so what have been your results? I'm not expecting bench rest results here but then again you never know.

I did a write-up about how to work up a .223 load....it was focused more on how to do it rather than what works best in a Saiga. However, it shows pretty good potential for a range of charges. Not sure if you can find the powder I am using.

http://www.stu-offroad.com/firearms/loads/loads-1.htm

Next time Google for the info....heck, my write-up comes back on Goggle's first page of returns for "Saiga .223 reloads". ;)

Thanks for sharing your write-up. I always like to see how others vary from my process. I've been loading for a while and was looking more for results with the 16" Saiga. I'm close to ordering components and was hoping to see what weight bullet and powder type was giving good performance but I'll go with what I have on hand and see how it plays out.