I always loved the look of a good ol' Single Action Army revolver. Like everyone else

fond of these fine firearms, I first fell in love with them while playing Cowboys

and Indians as a youngster,(more like Palestinians and Israelis.) :lolol::haha:

I'm thinkin' about getting one later this year. Has anyone had the privilege to own, or even

handle, this 1911 of handguns of the 19th century. Thank you.

I don't own one, but I received one for a friend of mine. I was a great piece. The metal to metal fit was excellent, the blueing was deep and flawless. He told me a few weeks ago it shoots great and is very pleased with it. I would recommend you take a look at gunfighter grips by Eagle grips. They are a major improvment over the original plowhandle grips.

http://www.eaglegrips.com/SAA-Gunfighter-Size-Grips.html

The one he bought was in 45COLT and also came with a 45ACP cylinder

Edited by Banshee

I have a COLT in 4 3/4 barrel and a Cimmaron with 7 1/2 barrel. I am planning on sending the COLT to Eagle grips and have a set of black Bufflo horn installed. $250 is a lot for the grips, but in the SAA world Eagle grips are a big plus. The worst part is sending them the SAA. They hand fit them.

I have a COLT in 4 3/4 barrel and a Cimmaron with 7 1/2 barrel. I am planning on sending the COLT to Eagle grips and have a set of black Bufflo horn installed. $250 is a lot for the grips, but in the SAA world Eagle grips are a big plus. The worst part is sending them the SAA. They hand fit them.

Just checked out those grips you mentioned. Those would look perfect on a nickel plated saa. It kinda sucks that USFA doesn't

offer any black grips other than the stock plastic ones. If you don't mind me asking, what's the total cost to have those grips installed?

Thanks.

I don't like COLTs or USFA's black grips either, but they are Hard Rubber instead of plastic.

I haven't sent mine to Eagle Grips yet, but this is from Eagle grips site.

Colt single action revolvers and their clones:- All Colt Single Action/clone revolvers require extensive fitting. Our grips are made oversized. Fitting these grips requires sanding/polishing and drilling to make them fit. This may be done by your gunsmith or by us. We regularly fit these types of firearms for individuals and firearm manufacturers on a daily basis. If you prefer to have Eagle Grips custom fit your SAA there are two options.

First option, you can send the complete firearm to us UNLOADED. Our charge for this service is $48.00 in addition to the price of the grip you are having fitted.

Second option, for the following firearms ( Colt SAA, Uberti, Cimarron, A.W.A., and E.M.F, and USFA.) If you do not wish to send the entire revolver we will still require the backstrap and trigger guard. It has to be removed from the frame. Our charge for this fitting is $48.00 in addition to the price of the grips. We cannot custom alter our grips to drawings, pictures, hand sizes or diagrams.

You would have to add shipping BOTH ways, that is what drives the price up.