I have a PT/92 and shot it so much I broke the locking block (cast). I sent the part to Taurus with a note and they sent a replacement with no questions asked. I paid $300.00 new for it about 8 years ago. Great gun for the price, but a little old in style.

Happy shooting,

Yakdung

• 2 weeks later...
I bought this last year:

PT1911SS.jpg

and I just got this one today:

PT92AFS.jpg

I don't fall for all the internet fudge about Taurus. I have found that they make a great product at a good price. I have two fine examples of replicas done right. I also have an older Taurus 5-shot revolver in 38 sp. The ol' lady has a PT111 and loves it.

The PT92 I picked up today sat right behind a Beretta 92. I looked at them both. It didn't take long to hand the Beretta back to the salesman. The Taurus was about $100 more reasonable but the selling point for me was the stainless construction and the frame-mounted safety. I don't need a tactical rail but that was my only option today. I wasn't sure how I would like the looks but it does add a unique look to the PT92. The 16 + 1 mags are another great feature.

My PT92 has the AFS designation. What does that stand for? Ambidextrous Floating Safety?

And the newest addition:

Judgemagnum.jpg

Just picked it up today. It's lighter than I expected but feels good in the hand. The grip is smallish to me and I am average in size. Can't wait to go blastin!

I had several opportunities to buy the 2.5" model but I held out for the MAGNUM. Glad I did. :smoke:

Just need to aquire a holster for it. I like Uncle Mike's but I don't think they have one out yet?

Edited by TheDarkHorse
I have a PT/92 and shot it so much I broke the locking block (cast). I sent the part to Taurus with a note and they sent a replacement with no questions asked. I paid $300.00 new for it about 8 years ago. Great gun for the price, but a little old in style.

Happy shooting,

Yakdung

Dispicable scum ....... grrrrr.

Loved my Taurus -not as much as my Dan Wesson's- but the poor dear is nothing more than

a single shot (with a hi cap mag) paper weight now.

She still looks good .... worn but, gorgeous wood grips, a clean, unblemished aluminum frame -her downfall-.

And that fantastic stipled/burnished stainless upper.

If your locking block ears go again ... look at the ear grooves in the frame for ANY damage if none buy the beretta block.

Mine vacationed in South America twice with no luck. :cryss::dollar:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just got this a couple days ago. Havent had a chance to shoot yet. Can hardly wait.

Also have a Taurus .357 revolver that seems quite nice to me.

IMG_1296.jpg

You probably wont believe this but I STILL have not had an opportunity to shoot my new PT1911. I am closing on a new house in a couple weeks and will be able to shoot guns on my property. In my top 5 first things to do is to shoot all my guns. Will report back in a few weeks!

GToken.. You probably wont believe this but I STILL have not had an opportunity to shoot my new PT1911. I am closing on a new house in a couple weeks and will be able to shoot guns on my property. In my top 5 first things to do is to shoot all my guns. Will report back in a few weeks!

--------------------

I heard that I've had my new PT140 CA (Pro model) 3 weeks and haven't shot it yet.

This weekend I will. Dealer sent me the correct 2nd factory mag so now I am :)

(I also was told to keep the extra 24/7 mag that fits ok..) So I now have 3 mags for it. :smoke:

Good dealer.. All that for $289 and $20 s&h...

• 3 weeks later...

It probably is just me, but I cant hit a THING with my pop's pt100 or 140 or 120 or whatever it is, in .40.....give me a revolver, and I can pick beer cans off at 50 yards without a scope all day, but his pistol? I cant hit anything with it. dunno if its me, the gun or both. its good for up close and personal, I guess.

I really hated shooting the .40 (Speer Lawman 155 grainers in a Glock 23) until I started reloading for it. :chris:

Rainier 165 grain HP LeadSafes in Starline brass powered by 6 grains Alliant Unique & a CCI 500 SP primer almost makes it tolerable. :super:

• 3 weeks later...

Happy shooting,

Yakdung

I have had good luck with Taurus even though they are reasonably priced.

Edited by Antelop

I prefer the pre-rail style too. If you want a rail, it is a good selling point for taurus. To me though, it should come tapped for an included rail, but not milled on. That way you can have a clean gun with the option of a rail. Everyone is happy, and the thing might actually be easier to make.

On a side note, I spent $17 to order a spare rt side safety for mine, so I could do the mod I wanted without worrying about warranty issues. a small cut on the safety for clearance and tracing the factory grip onto the L.G. = what the gun needed in about 20 minutes of work. I am sure someone else has tried this before, but if not I can take more detailed pics for those who want them.

See pics. (I used an older style model lg-202 that got beat up in Iraq and was therefore cheap enough to experiment on. Doing it right I would buy the new style Beretta grips and cut them up. They are a lot better. For cheap and easy, you can pick up fairly clean 202's for about $65 on ebay, which beats $300)

The end result is a gun that to me is better than the Beretta on every criteria that matters to me for much less money, and still cleanly fits in a holster and feels right.

post-17871-12559810252351_thumb.jpgpost-17871-12559810584127_thumb.jpgpost-17871-12559810505069_thumb.jpgpost-17871-12559810357389_thumb.jpg

Edited by GunFun
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a PT145 Millenium for CC and it shoots great, I can do a 6-8circle at 30' which suprised the crap out of me. Esp. w/ Wolf ammo which I wont use anymore due to oddities in the cartridges. Some were fine, others too long and caught in the mag, and others didn't have enough powder to make it to the targets.

The down side to it is that all the controls are right hand only.

I've got a PT145 Millenium for CC and it shoots great, I can do a 6-8circle at 30' which suprised the crap out of me. Esp. w/ Wolf ammo which I wont use anymore due to oddities in the cartridges. Some were fine, others too long and caught in the mag, and others didn't have enough powder to make it to the targets.

The down side to it is that all the controls are right hand only.

+1 on the PT145. When the xd45 came out, I was wondering what the fuss was about. The PT is a serviceable 45 compact. It's nice to tote around 11 rounds of 45 in the same size package as a glock 19. Nothing against the glock. Just that here in the great white north people wear parkas and still mug people, I'm more happy with a 45 that needn't expand to do the job. The glock 19 is my tween seasons choice. The glock seems like it's made with higher quality components, but it cost almost twice as much so it should feel like a higher quality gun.

• 1 month later...

I have a PT145. Very nice feel and haven't had any issues with it in the two years I've owned it. As a lefty, it sucks that there's no ambi safety, but with a proper holster that covers the trigger guard, and proper finger placement (which should be habit), it's no different than a Glock for me.

The one thing I like about the Taurus pistols over most others out there is the repeat strike capability. That's where you're able to pull the trigger a second time if the round didn't go off and have it hit the primer again. Glocks don't have that. Neither do Kahrs, Kel Tecs or Springfields (if I remember right).

Corbin

own a .40 pt140 pro.. friend has an old 9 mil.. Love them both (fun to fire one per hand too!). The .40 is a S/DA and the 9 is just single, but they are both good fun and good quality, really want to get a p92 and a 1911 someday, but not until my saiga collection is finished.