WTB - factory Bolt Hold Open Spring

Messed mine up during conversion, need one please. Saiga 308. Thanks...

Make your own with a pair of pliers, a screwdriver and $1.50...

Go to your local remote control hobby store (HobbyTown etc.) They will have a section that has spring steel rods in various lengths and diameters. (Not to mention brass, aluminum and various plactic pieces.)

Find the right diameter rod you need. Should cost about $1.50.

Use a screwdriver, socket wrench extension, or what ever metal shaft you can find of the proper diameter to use to wrap the spring steel around. trim to length with wire cutters.

It may take a few tries to get it just right. For $1.50 you should have enough to make 10 BHO springs.

Messed mine up during conversion, need one please. Saiga 308. Thanks...

Make your own with a pair of pliers, a screwdriver and $1.50...

Go to your local remote control hobby store (HobbyTown etc.) They will have a section that has spring steel rods in various lengths and diameters. (Not to mention brass, aluminum and various plactic pieces.)

Find the right diameter rod you need. Should cost about $1.50.

Use a screwdriver, socket wrench extension, or what ever metal shaft you can find of the proper diameter to use to wrap the spring steel around. trim to length with wire cutters.

It may take a few tries to get it just right. For $1.50 you should have enough to make 10 BHO springs.

Good Idea, unless I can get "it" for $4 to $5, and envelop and a couple of postage stamps.

Maybe he is buildking a college fund for one of the kids...

I asked my oldest son if he was available to be sold/traded for a spring... he figured his wide and two children would object...

I know.... I'll get DeeDee to take care of her brother for me...

Thanks for the info...

Edited by CaptLouie
I didn't read it right. ,,,...I thought you needed the metal actuator piece, which works on multiple saigas

$25 for a spring seems pretty outrageous!! HAH!!

:dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

I figured something like that...

If you've got a "spring" available I'd rather buy a factory one that go the make your own route...

My experience lately with any kind of tools has been kinda bad... how about REALLY bad. :ded:

I never reinstalled my BHO after conversion and don't plan on doing so ever, so if I can find it (I'm pretty sure I know where it is), you can have it for free. I'll just throw it in an envelope with some folded up paper, and mail it off.

But just to be clear (I offered another guy a free part I wasn't using, but it turns out we had crossed signals, and it wasn't the part he needed)........you need the bold hold open spring that is located pretty much right above the "EAA CORP, COCOA FLA" marking on the receiver in the picture below, correct?

Saiga223_disassembly17.jpg

If so, and I can find it, it's yours for free. Assuming the spring is the same in all Saigas. Mine came off a 7.62x39.

Edited by 22_Shooter
I never reinstalled my BHO after conversion and don't plan on doing so ever, so if I can find it (I'm pretty sure I know where it is), you can have it for free. I'll just throw it in an envelope with some folded up paper, and mail it off.

But just to be clear (I offered another guy a free part I wasn't using, but it turns out we had crossed signals, and it wasn't the part he needed)........you need the bold hold open spring that is located pretty much right above the "EAA CORP, COCOA FLA" marking on the receiver in the picture below, correct?

If so, and I can find it, it's yours for free. Assuming the spring is the same in all Saigas. Mine came off a 7.62x39.

That's the ANIMAL I've been fighting, THANKS... Hope you can find it.

How do I send you my mailing info?

Thanks for the help :rolleyes:

That's the ANIMAL I've been fighting, THANKS... Hope you can find it.

How do I send you my mailing info?

Thanks for the help :rolleyes:

Click on my name, above my avatar on the left, and then click "Send Message".

I'm off to sleep right now, but I will look for it when I get up, and get back to you. I'm 99.99% sure I have it.

I didn't read it right. ,,,...I thought you needed the metal actuator piece, which works on multiple saigas

$25 for a spring seems pretty outrageous!! HAH!!

:dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

Did you check and see if you had a BHO Spring?

I'd still like to get a factory one if possible.

Thanks,

The one 22 shooter has will work fine. If he can't find it I'll either make you one or give you one of the two that I have in my parts bin. I have not wanted to part with them because I am using that type of spring with my LRBHO prototypes and I need extras.

JeffD thank you for the tip on where to find the spring steel rods. I will check with my buddy who owns a hobby shop where they build and sell RC cars, planes, and boats.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...