Lets see those handguns!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a "few" pics of my Tanfoglio "Limited" in .40S&W. This is the gun I use in IPSC Limited Major.                  

The wifes CC. Got it for her for our silver anniversary.

Cropped to fit my desktop.      

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked this up in a trade, 1944 Ithica 1911A1. I need to buy an original mag so if someone has a R or L marked ww2 mag to get rid of let me know.

post-659-0-61606400-1332718164_thumb.jpg

Edited by crowak
  • 3 weeks later...

Of all the pistols that I've ever fired, this is my overall favorite; my Glock 20SF. She's stock except for Trijicon Bright and Tough night sights and a rubber-texture Talon Grip. The ammo pictured is Underwood 10mm, which is high-quality new ammo and by far the most reasonably priced full-power 10mm on the market...

1000401v.jpg

1000408zs.jpg

(the 6" Glock barrel pushes these 135gr nosler JHPs to ~1700fps; ~1600fps from the standard 4.6")

1000411v.jpg

000.gif

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think I posted any pics of my SP101 in this thread. I remember starting a thread about it when I got it awhile ago, but never added some pics to this pic thread!

So, here it is:

Spurless Ruger SP101 in .357

2-1/4" barrel

Badger Custom grips

Straight out of the box:

photobucket-5530-1327962184682.jpg

A few minutes later:

photobucket-2809-1327962451911.jpg

photobucket-4745-1327962629346.jpg

photobucket-4421-1327962571495.jpg

photobucket-3490-1327962699569.jpg

photobucket-4638-1327962514361.jpg

photobucket-5231-1328386859552.jpg

photobucket-4592-1328386729785.jpg

Now she sits in a friend's safe in SC with the grips removed, and doused in oil, as she awaits my return to free America.cry.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Russian civvie Makarov IJ-70. Bought it second hand about six months ago; dealer had a sweet deal on it which included 4 mags, original plus aftermarket rubber grip and a box of ammo. Shot right about 1200 rounds since with various brands of ammo without a single failure. I love this little baby.... Oh, anyone have any quick remedies for the annoying adjustable sight? I'm thinking of just buying one of those drop-in fixed sight.

621862_2073865936750_81733062_o.jpg

Edited by silentmercenary
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just tried my 3" Judge @ 16yds into my 30 gal. burning barrel. I was able to keep most of the 2-3/4" Federal Personal Defense buckshot on the barrel shooting double action! Not bad for a little scattergun! The average steel drum is 18ga carbon steel. I was expecting deep dents and some bounce back, but they screamed right THROUGH BOTH SIDES of the barrel, tearing nice, round holes. Spread was 15 pellets in ~27" at the widest point. 5 pellets unaccounted for. 1 hole is a definite double strike, and 1 more MIGHT be a double hit. 75-80% hit rate at 48 feet is pretty good on a roughly torso-sized target.

Minute of bad guy and gobs of penetration. Recoil was a bit snappy, but not uncomfortable. I was shooting an inch or two to the left at that distance, so the sights are pretty good. It's not a target pistol. I'd feel comfortable shooting groundhogs off the back porch with it. The groundhogs? Not so much.

Who would have though that a shotgun with a barrel that short would still have that much power? Recoil was about like shooting 45 ACP factory loads out of my 1911.

This is definitely NASTY.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1

I just tried my 3" Judge @ 16yds into my 30 gal. burning barrel. I was able to keep most of the 2-3/4" Federal Personal Defense buckshot on the barrel shooting double action! Not bad for a little scattergun! The average steel drum is 18ga carbon steel. I was expecting deep dents and some bounce back, but they screamed right THROUGH BOTH SIDES of the barrel, tearing nice, round holes. Spread was 15 pellets in ~27" at the widest point. 5 pellets unaccounted for. 1 hole is a definite double strike, and 1 more MIGHT be a double hit. 75-80% hit rate at 48 feet is pretty good on a roughly torso-sized target.

Minute of bad guy and gobs of penetration. Recoil was a bit snappy, but not uncomfortable. I was shooting an inch or two to the left at that distance, so the sights are pretty good. It's not a target pistol. I'd feel comfortable shooting groundhogs off the back porch with it. The groundhogs? Not so much.

Who would have though that a shotgun with a barrel that short would still have that much power? Recoil was about like shooting 45 ACP factory loads out of my 1911.

This is definitely NASTY.

Seven yard double tap....

P1020266.jpg

And seven yards for accuracy, off-hand with .45 Colt...

P1040203.jpg

Not sure if I posted those before.

• 1 year later...