Completed conversion: did I goof up the trigger assy?

What the &*%^#* did I do to mess up the trigger? There is a silver piece of metal hanging down by the trigger guard, and how do I make it go away? My trigger finger hits it when I engage the trigger, and I'm not sure what I did wrong!

That is the bolt hold open. you can take it off but you wont be able to lock the bolt back. Maybe try to cut a little bit off, just enough to clear your finger.

What the &*%^#* did I do to mess up the trigger? There is a silver piece of metal hanging down by the trigger guard, and how do I make it go away? My trigger finger hits it when I engage the trigger, and I'm not sure what I did wrong!

The silver tab hanging down is your bolt hold open lever. You can remove it by taking the hammer axis pin out and the spring. Or you can grind it down and smooth it out so its not in the way much.

DOn't know why I didn't notice it before the conversion... what's the general concensus on what to do with it? I know I have "Butcher's Hands", but it bugs me BIG TIME to have to deal with that nub when engaging the trigger.

Better to file it way down, or just pull it out the assembly? It seems to be a pretty bad design to have it drop that far down to the trigger guard to begin with... Am I the only one who finds this annoying????

It's kinda funny. Most people come here and ask how to re-install the bolt-hold open when converting their Saiga. You did it without even knowing :lol: .

Better to file it way down, or just pull it out the assembly? It seems to be a pretty bad design to have it drop that far down to the trigger guard to begin with... Am I the only one who finds this annoying????

Just file it down, if you still want to use it. If not, then just yank it.

I didn't reinstall mine after conversion, and I never used it before conversion.

I didn't put mine back due to a broken spring.

INTEND to re-install the BHO when I get another spring.

You can modify the BHO plate your self or look under "for sale or trade forum".

Member Cobra_76_two at "Cobra Custom" has a modified BHO that can be installed and stays out of the way.

See the details under his entry...

Cudo's on being able to re-install the &^%$ thing too.

Trying is how I busted my spring.. :cryss:

It seems to be a pretty bad design to have it drop that far down to the trigger guard to begin with...

To begin it, the trigger guard was completely located to the rear of the BHO.

It's difficult to call it a bad design when the problem arose only after you redesigned the placement of the trigger and trigger guard. ;)

That being said, I found it was in the way too. About 5 minutes with a file took care of the problem. It is still in place but has a much smaller profile and I no longer find it annoying, as you mentioned.

Did you change yours?

It seems to be a pretty bad design to have it drop that far down to the trigger guard to begin with...

To begin it, the trigger guard was completely located to the rear of the BHO.

It's difficult to call it a bad design when the problem arose only after you redesigned the placement of the trigger and trigger guard. ;)

That being said, I found it was in the way too. About 5 minutes with a file took care of the problem. It is still in place but has a much smaller profile and I no longer find it annoying, as you mentioned.

Did you change yours?

I didn't bother to re-install it when I did my .223 conversion

post-13757-1232627964_thumb.jpg