Can anyone lead me to a rear long rivet jig to form the rivet heads on the rear trunnion???? I checked out the Gunthings one but that has one rivet stage.. I want the one with the 4 press stems. Does the vendors here sell them?? I'm finding out that making nice heads takes better tools and some experience I dont want to waste good kits, receivers and my time if I can help it. If someone has one to sell as well let me know.. Thanks.

Can anyone lead me to a rear long rivet jig to form the rivet heads on the rear trunnion???? I checked out the Gunthings one but that has one rivet stage.. I want the one with the 4 press stems. Does the vendors here sell them?? I'm finding out that making nice heads takes better tools and some experience I dont want to waste good kits, receivers and my time if I can help it. If someone has one to sell as well let me know.. Thanks.

I have a Plinker jig that I first got and used the hell out of...still do. I recently got the Gunthings jig just for the rear rivets and my only regret is not getting it sooner. It does very well and I'm certain you'll like the results.

I have a Plinker jig that I first got and used the hell out of...still do. I recently got the Gunthings jig just for the rear rivets and my only regret is not getting it sooner. It does very well and I'm certain you'll like the results.

Thanks. I found a guy on another forum that makes them and they have the multipal pressing stems. I'll be all set when I get this. I just want to build a nice AK.

Thanks for all your help.. I am going with the gunthings one. I will order in the am. Guys on this forum have never steered me wrong. I hope that I can pass some knowlege on in the future. These guys here are great. if you need some part post it someone will help you. I got parts and sent parts out if someone needed it and I had it. You dont find this everywhere. Thanks again.

It does look good. I only need the long rivet portion so I ordered the Gunthings one. I have the front trunnion covered with the bolt cutter rivet tool and get real nice heads. For the bucking bars i used a 5/16 ball mill and it works fantastic. For the trigger guard I did the flatstock jig. It all sits down in it and I think the only thing is I have to keep it tight down to the base. The ball mill was cheap like $9 on e-bay and it will make as many bucking bars as you need. Thanks..

• 4 weeks later...

I use a large Grade 8 bolt with a declivity cut into the end of it. It acts as a mandrel and makes hammering pretty rivets a breeze. It is cheap as well! I can post a close-up of my rivet work if you like.

Man I never thought It was that easy. My bolt cutter front trunnion and my new rear rivet jig and 12 ton press made riveting a snap. I'm kinda ashamed of the receiver I used but I would rather frig up a krinks 97 or some shit like that than a NDS. The gun was a screw build and came out tight no gaps and all rivets squished like butter. Trigger guard was a snap with the jig. I tried the punches but that takes some builds under your belt. Thank to all that helped with my stuff. I am confident but will pay attention when I get my NDS for 3 kits that I have to do. All AMD's with uncut origional barrels. The worst of the kits will have a 6 positon stock and a ultimak rail and regular lower handguard. Maybe even look into a real SBR. Is I worth $200 for a few inches?????