Anyone order from Ace lately?

On December 5th, I called Ace customer service to inquire about the in stock status of the regular folding mechanism, a 9.5" tubular stock, and an internal receiver block. Customer service replied that everything was in stock, but shipping may take up to two weeks. She said to go ahead and place my order online, so I placed my order immediately after talking with them.

Their web site said that my order was "pending" that day, the next day the status was updated to "processing", and the status was updated again (two weeks ago) to "received". I have tried to call them (to no avail) about the meaning of "received", because I have not received any of the parts from them. They informed me that there would be no further notice of order status until the package arrives at my door.

Have you guys had any experience ordering from Ace? I am not familiar with their nomenclature given for order status.

You might be better off ordering from JT Distributing, than Ace's old website. My most recent order was sent from JT with their catalog, even though I ordered off of the Ace website, and I had to talk to them about my internal reciever block that was on backorder.

Shooting Industry, September 1st, 2007

J & T Distributing, the component parts division of firearm manufacturer DoubleStar Inc., has acquired California-based ACE Ltd. USA.

"Acquiring ACE is a great addition to J & T Distributing's extensive line of weapons accessories," said J & T vice president Jesse Starnes. "J & T has carried the ACE stocks for a while, so we know how good this product is. We sell hundreds of them every month."

J & T, based in Winchester, Ky., offers a full line of tactical weapon k...

i placed an order with ace 2 months ago, i got the same notice of received after a week so i waited and waited finally after a month and a half of waiting i called and asked what was going on. They told me that the item had not even shipped and they were out of stock, however when i ordered it they were in stock. i love their products but i will not buy direct from them ever again. I personally will go through mississippiautoarms.com for my ace stock needs. they have an accurate description on their website and they will let you know how long your wait is going to be. ace's website and customer service is a joke.

I called them and tried to place an order with them, after what I thought was a run around, I gave up.

I ordered the same stock and folding mechanism from MAA on Wednesday and it shipped the following day, should be here on Monday.

Edited by jamis

Wish I had seen this post before I ordered!..I just logged in on the Ace site..Under the shopping cart it showed order placed 01/02..Then "received" 01/05...Three days to figure out I really wanted it??..I also looked under the heading "my previous orders" and it has "shipped to" and my name.."Shipped" as in past tense..as in a done deal...yet the order only shows..received..If this JT outfit is running the show now they need to hire a pro to redo that website....At the least it should show availability and notify the customer when their order ships.

I called ACE on 12/5/08 as well. Asked the lady answering the phone about getting

a push button folding mechanism. She didn't know anything about the ACE line, and

referred me to Tim. (their ACE product line guy) Tim said the internal AK-47 receiver

blocks were out of stock, and they were having more made. At that time, he said it was

a 5-6 week wait. Tim was very helpful and gave me the price of the upgrades. He told me

to order the stocks on the website and add the options in the comments field. kbailey3

So how does one go about canceling an order from ACE? Do I just call them up and hope they cancel it? Can I order an ACE internal receiver block and pignose adaptor from some other vendor that has them in stock?

i called ace friday because they messed up my order , i was told they are going to the shot show and to call back in a few weeks wtf

Ugh. I placed an order with them back in the middle of December for an internal receiver block and folding mechanism....haven't heard shit from them and haven't been able to get anyone on the phone. On their website is just says "received". They have my money in hand, so what the fuck do they care if i get my product in a timely manner?

i placed an order with ace 2 months ago, i got the same notice of received after a week so i waited and waited finally after a month and a half of waiting i called and asked what was going on. They told me that the item had not even shipped and they were out of stock, however when i ordered it they were in stock. i love their products but i will not buy direct from them ever again. I personally will go through mississippiautoarms.com for my ace stock needs. they have an accurate description on their website and they will let you know how long your wait is going to be. ace's website and customer service is a joke.

+1 motopilot1! I had the same experience last time I ordered directly from ACE.

i placed an order with them last spring they lacked one part on my order so 2 months go by i call them oh they had the missing part but now lacked another 2 more months pass i call again finally they had all (while holding my money the whole time ) i talked to the packing shipping guy and gave him a ration my parts shipped that day and low and behold my card get dinged for a charge for Girls Gone Wild online the same day coincedence i think not , i had to kill the card and took two week to get another NEVER DO BUISNESS WITH J&T Distrubitors you have been warned

I called Ace customer service today & very nicely inquired about my order status, and was told that many orders were shipping tomorrow. The lady on the phone explained that my order "might" be one of those - I hope so.

She was unable to look up my order status via the order number, but instead, had to use my zip code & name. I realize & understand that there is a rush on these types of parts, and my small $200.00 order would not take precedence over a $20,000 order, but it seems like they could at least give me an estimate on shipping time.

FWIW:

1. I think ACE and JT Dist. are the same. Send an email to ACE, get a response from Tim at JT . . . I don't know . . .

2. I have had a problem w/a folding adapter and Tim exchanged it fast, giving me the replacement FIRST.

3. I placed an order (just under $500) at the beginning of Dec., same w/others, order "Received", no info for a month (would've been nice), so I emailed and got a fast response back from Tim. He said they were waiting on the internal receiver blocks. I got an email from Tim today stating, "We got a partial order in from the machine shop and we will start filling back orders this week."

And again, FWIW, with ANY company, in ANY industry, lately, to me, it seems to be faster/less hassle to send an email than to deal w/the automated phone systems, people who don't understand or clearly speak English (I AM in America . . .), or just the simple fact that the nice lady who picked up the phone is just paid to answer the phone but doesn't know jack-shit about the product her company sells.

Not choosing sides, just passin' along the facts . . .

Passed order of folding stock which was shown as in stock on december 2nd and got a "received" status on my order.

Sent an email a few days ago to inquire since their web site still displays a 2 weeks shipping delay.

Still no answer to my email... :bann:

No that hard to hire a few helpers...

So here we go:

1- I'll probably cancell the order this week and put them on my "lifetime shit list"

2- File a complaint with BBB :killer:

3- Order from another merchant

4- Go on with my life happier :super:

That has not been my experience at all. ACE has been great to work with. However, I've placed mostly large orders. In fact, I have 50 folder stock sets with internal blocks incoming this week.

Jake

Jake

If you are getting these two parts and I can order them directly from you, please let me know and I'll order a set from you.

ACE AK Internal Receiver Block Part # AKRBC

Folding Mechanism with integrated AR15 Stock Interface Part # FSM-AR

K.C.

Passed order of folding stock which was shown as in stock on december 2nd and got a "received" status on my order.

Sent an email a few days ago to inquire since their web site still displays a 2 weeks shipping delay.

Still no answer to my email... :bann:

No that hard to hire a few helpers...

So here we go:

1- I'll probably cancell the order this week and put them on my "lifetime shit list"

2- File a complaint with BBB :killer:

3- Order from another merchant

4- Go on with my life happier :super:

Here is an update:

- I received my order this morning and the sling mount was missing from the folder kit (10" stock with 1" pad and internal block).

- No answer to my email inquiring about shipping delay.

- Sent an email to Tim this morning asking for the missing part

There may be hope after all :xmas:

Another update:

My order arrived today, and I'm also missing a few parts. (screws)

I've sent an email to Tim, and will have to wait for an answer.

Between the two kits, I had enough screws to put my first Saiga-12 together.

Still waiting on the Nobama special for the second stock kit. kbailey3