US made S-20 mags?

Was there ever a source of Saiga 20 gauge magazines? Anybody have some in the works?

I know you guys probably get tired of hearing me say "I'm working on this or that"...but I do have something cool in the works for the S-20 mags. I hope I can get one finished and tested soon to post about.

I'm talking about a 100% US made "hi cap" S-20 mag...if it works out. :smoke:

I know you guys probably get tired of hearing me say "I'm working on this or that"...but I do have something cool in the works for the S-20 mags. I hope I can get one finished and tested soon to post about.

I'm talking about a 100% US made "hi cap" S-20 mag...if it works out. :smoke:

Hi Cobra,

Is this thing that is in the works something that we need to stock up certain "parts" for so that if the "parts" become difficult to obtain, we still have something to work with or are you making a product that we can purchase?

Mike D had a 25 round drum he was working on developing, but the second run of 20 round 12 gauge drums seems to have taken most of his time recently.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=32108&st=0

• 2 weeks later...
I'll take 50 of them :haha: ... errrr make that $50 worth of them. Having a kid start college is taking all of the fun money out of my budget!

Seriously, keep us informed Cobra ... the S20 just doesn't get the respect/love that it needs.

I didn't see the pre-order link..?

That comment was supposed to be funny. As soon as someone admits to starting a project, folks want to jump in with "I'll take 2 of them" or whatever amount. I was merely exagerating that fact, and feeling sorry for my reduced cashflow all in one.

Cobra will likely announce here and on his forum when it gets closer to reality. Stuff like this takes a bit of time to develop, and then a ton more time to figure out all the odd ways it'll fail when something odd happens.

I didn't see the pre-order link..?

That comment was supposed to be funny. As soon as someone admits to starting a project, folks want to jump in with "I'll take 2 of them" or whatever amount.

Cobra will likely announce here and on his forum when it gets closer to reality. Stuff like this takes a bit of time to develop, and then a ton more time to figure out all the odd ways it'll fail when something odd happens.

Opps...sorry guys...my "I didn't see the pre-order link..?" was also intended as "a joke"....following the past "issues" of prior "pre-orders".

At the same time I tried to show support to this endevor. I do wish cobra and his new start-up has success. :)

Took a second to stop chuckling.

wow, I've been out "tongue in cheek'd"!!!

I got BLINDSIDED ...

Patrick, you da MAN.

Thanks for understanding Kmoore..... Not long after joining in on various blogs/boards I soon realized that I MUST be careful with my specific syle of humor.

If I had put a :) after, it would have had an entirely different connotation. Such as:

"I didn't see the 'pre-order' link" :)

Thanks for replying

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

I have been all over Europe searching for the Russian 10 rounders. I was in Constanta- nothing, Varna-nothing, few places in Italy-nothing. Barcelona-nothing, many places in France all no go for the S-20 10 rounder. Called Rusmil in the U.K. He has no plans to get any in the foreseeable future. I did see an S-20K in a shop outside Constanta. Had the 10 round mag I wanted in it but they wouldn't separate it from the gun and buying guns in Romania is a little tricky for a Yank. Actually transporting it out is the tricky part. So i let it go.

COBRA-

Any hint to the Capacity of these new sticks your working up?

Regardless, I want 5. I'll monitor this page for any updates on availability.

Thanks for your hard work,

Tim

Whats up cobra, i'm still running one of your mag correctors for my russian made 8rnd'ers. Though i think its about wore out, (yeah we like to shoot our guns up here in MN)

i'm excited to see you'r little project, as am i waiting for MD to give any feed back, at all, on the 20ga drum mag's.

Whats up cobra, i'm still running one of your mag correctors for my russian made 8rnd'ers. Though i think its about wore out, (yeah we like to shoot our guns up here in MN)

i'm excited to see you'r little project, as am i waiting for MD to give any feed back, at all, on the 20ga drum mag's.

Hey man! Longtime no see. Tell ya what, if it ever fails to work or is looking like it's about ready to fail even, just send me a PM with your address and I'll send you a new one. I have a better way of making them now and some better material.

:smoke:

Yeah, its been along time... too long.

i went out and bought me a really nice shooting range with a house next to it. lol.

The problem i'm having is, it seems that the 3" magazine places the round too far back, and though not every round will jam, the ones that do stick up too far and catch the top of the chamber opening. So it doesnt seem like its an issue with the follower or the angle corrector, but the mag placment itslef.

20S Mags: That would be great, I am so disappointed with the lack of support for 20 ga, that I am thinking on dumping it.

Don't get me wrong, even tho the front sight fell off after one round of trap ( its "gone" ) and it is a "jammer", seems to need a break in, I still like the weapon design, I don't mind the lack of cheep skeet rounds or lack of OO or slug ammo off the shelf

I made one big mistake, I bought the 20S the second I saw it ( emotions ) because no one has them around here ( or so I thought ) when bringing in my AR for upgrade work "assuming" Saiga and after market suppliers supported the 20 gauge that was a stupid assumption.

I don't really have the money for a 20+ drum that costs more than the shotgun itself !!! .

I would only buy a drum for an investment when the next AWB comes into place and sell or trade it when it triples in price.

I just want a couple 3" 10 rounders to beat back the crystal meth zombies at the local WalMart when all hell breaks loose after a nuclear dirty bomb goes off down south and we are fighting off so California unwashed masses for the left over peanut butter and batteries, lol.