Questions about Tromix Receiver Back Plate

My new Tromix Competition Folding Stock will arrive this week.

I know that it needs a folding mechanism and an adapter, but do I need to get a Tromix "Receiver Back Plate" in order to best install the Tromix folding stock? If so, would it be immediately obvious to any gunsmith to know what to do with it?

I know that it needs a folding mechanism and an adapter, but do I need to get a Tromix "Receiver Back Plate" in order to best install the Tromix folding stock? If so, would it be immediately obvious to any gunsmith to know what to do with it?

Someone just emailed me an answer. The verdict is yes you need a folding mechanism, but you need either the adapter or the receiver back plate. Cheaper to get the receiver back plate.

Someone just emailed me an answer. The verdict is yes you need a folding mechanism, but you need either the adapter or the receiver back plate. Cheaper to get the receiver back plate.

Plate is cheaper but must be welded on.

Also, I think you can do a search and find info on the correct angle to cut the back. (perhaps it was 3 degrees off towards the bottom - believe Bob Ash or Tony replie on the ?)

Cheders, HarvKY

Plate is cheaper but must be welded on.

Also, I think you can do a search and find info on the correct angle to cut the back. (perhaps it was 3 degrees off towards the bottom - believe Bob Ash or Tony replie on the ?)

All correct. 1.5 to 3 degrees off toward the bottom...mock it up yourself and see what looks good to you.