who IS taking conversion orders

Is there ANYONE out there taking conversion orders...or at least getting a place in line for the future? Great everyone's making money, but those not in que are sol. I'd like my stock Saiga 12 converted to a AKS w/ wood laminate furniture like shown by Dinzag. I'm not able to do myself, time/lack of abilities, but would pay. Thanks.

Well, if you had where you lived in your info (state would be a start), we could offer you some options.

I've had folks make 2 or 3 trips here to get their projects completed.

I'm afraid most everyone who's decent at conversions got a surprise case load last November 21st. . .

Edited by nalioth

I would also like to know who I might be able to send my Saiga to for a conversion. I can send it to any place but if I could bring it someplace that would be better, but I don't know of anyone in Connecticut or Vermont who does conversions, although I'd drive all over New England to have it done.

Sorry about the profile omission, I'm in Youngstown, Ohio. All the shops listed on this site have emailed me they are totally booked and not even taking future orders. No one locally here says they can do shotgun conversions. I'm just looking for a future spot somewhere so I don't have to keep calling and bugging shops.

Thanks

Is there ANYONE out there taking conversion orders...or at least getting a place in line for the future? Great everyone's making money, but those not in que are sol. I'd like my stock Saiga 12 converted to a AKS w/ wood laminate furniture like shown by Dinzag. I'm not able to do myself, time/lack of abilities, but would pay. Thanks.

I'm not sure when you spoke to CADIZ GUN WORKS but they just announced yesterday that they will be taking orders for basic conversions in February. I know you're looking for more than basic but maybe this means they'll have time to do your project then as well. It may be something to try. Although I haven't gotten my guns from them yet their work is highly regarded and I can say their customer service is unbeatable. They're right down the road from you, too.

As far as I can tell after emailing and talking to some of the major conversion shops (at least the ones that return emails or answer their phones), your best bet is to wait until April 2009 to talk to them about a conversion. If anybody knows of a shop that is accepting work, please post their contact info.

I have exhausted all of the shops listed here and EBR has an automated reply.

Call FBMG. I'm up for their next batch of conversions. They have a lot of experience doing Saiga conversions.

You can find their number at http://www.fbmginc.com/

• 4 weeks later...