Ultimak=type mount?

I was perusing the Ultimak site thinking about how a short barrelled Saiga .308 with a foward mounted scope would be great for close range hammering of hogs, deer, black bear, moose, etc and a great mid-range "zombie gun."

Then I noticed they don't make them for the rifles...:-(

Anyone out there that does?

Mario

I was perusing the Ultimak site thinking about how a short barrelled Saiga .308 with a foward mounted scope would be great for close range hammering of hogs, deer, black bear, moose, etc and a great mid-range "zombie gun."

Then I noticed they don't make them for the rifles...:-(

Anyone out there that does?

Mario

Have you checked out the scout mount. scoutscopes.com

http://www.ultimak.com/BuyAK.htm

A standard AK type Ultimak rail should fit

Unfortunately, no, it won't. The 308's barrel is too large a diameter for the mounting hardware used by Ultimak.

Barrett

I've been talking with several vendors about the UTG Quad Rails. They have them for AK varients, Yugos, AMD's but not for Saiga rifles (308).

Got the measurments, thinking I might modifiy one to fit my 308. Could still work... but

I was told they are PLANING on a Saiga rifle (308) version in March/May timeframe....

... will it happen... who knows... I'm going ahead with my modification attempts for now...

Would they work for you or are you AK purist...

I've been talking with several vendors about the UTG Quad Rails. They have them for AK varients, Yugos, AMD's but not for Saiga rifles (308).

Got the measurments, thinking I might modifiy one to fit my 308. Could still work... but

I was told they are PLANING on a Saiga rifle (308) version in March/May timeframe....

... will it happen... who knows... I'm going ahead with my modification attempts for now...

Would they work for you or are you AK purist...

Not a fan of Quad rails (on anything). Maybe Ultimak will come through...

Mario