New conversion video

I made a video out of my most recent conversion. Down and dirty garage conversion, nothing fancy except unlike most videos I've seen on youtube, vimeo, aol, etc. you can see a lot better what's going on, in other words, it's great for newbs to watch.

thumbnailimage1of2.jpg

Link:

Saiga Pistol Grip Conversion

Awesome video!! (what I got to watch anyway. It stopped loading a little ways in. I'll have to try again later) The quality is excellent. Am I right in assuming there is no sound, and that my computer is not messed up? I'm assuming the captions about cover the fact that there is no audio.

Is there a way to save/download the video?

(What's with the good looking ladies with Saigas that you have (avatar, and video intro pic)? Are you a photographer, or do you just make your lady friends pose for them, for your own personal enjoyment? :D )

Am I right in assuming there is no sound, and that my computer is not messed up?

Are you a photographer, or do you just make your lady friends pose for them, for your own personal enjoyment? :D )

Correct.

The link to download appears at the bottom right of the video's page but only if you have a vimeo account (free) and are logged in.

Both. :rolleyes:

Am I right in assuming there is no sound, and that my computer is not messed up?

Are you a photographer, or do you just make your lady friends pose for them, for your own personal enjoyment? :D )

Correct.

The link to download appears at the bottom right of the video's page but only if you have a vimeo account (free) and are logged in.

Both. :rolleyes:

I'm going to DL it soon. Like James said, it's always nice to see a different way of doing things.

Nice video.

One suggestion:

The instructions that come with the Tapco G2 set show a trick to installing the hammer. One wraps the "legs" of the spring up around the top of the hammer. That way, one does not have to fight the tension of the hammer spring while installing the axle pin.

After you install the trigger/disconnector, just use needle nose pliers to release the hammer spring legs onto the trigger.

Also, why did you use the Dinzag modified FCG if you weren't going to reinstall the BHO?

Edited by mzmtg
Nice video.

One suggestion:

The instructions that come with the Tapco G2 set show a trick to installing the hammer. One wraps the "legs" of the spring up around the top of the hammer. That way, one does not have to fight the tension of the hammer spring while installing the axle pin.

After you install the trigger/disconnector, just use needle nose pliers to release the hammer spring legs onto the trigger.

That does sound a lot easier.

Also, why did you use the Dinzag modified FCG if you weren't going to reinstall the BHO?

The BHO install will happen after test shoot and refinishing. Same with the bullet guide.

• 2 weeks later...

Most grateful for your time. I appreciate this site, the synergy is what we nobamas need. I am a beginner and will now certainly become a Dinzag cutomer now for a couple sets of parts for my S12s.

To confirm, what difference would I encounter with S12 conversion?

How bout a folding stock?

would the next step be to: install bolt hold open?

Thanks, it really is a superb video. Still waiting on parts to get it back together. After I popped the plate off I did have to grind down both sides of the rear rivet. Maybe I wasn't hitting it hard enough before but that one was stubborn. If you have a drill a cheap punch and a hammer it really couldn't be any easier. Now if only I had a tig welder :D

This vid answered a lot of questions--thanks!

But--Question: can I just reuse all the trigger group parts--or are you just replacing them for 922r compliance?

922r is going to be irrelevant probably later this year, so is there a need to replace these?

I'd just like to use the stock saiga parts.

ST

Thanks for all the comments fellas! Almost done with the BHO re-install video. My main objective was to provide a video that shows detailed close-ups of the conversion process and step-by-step instructions. Your comments let me know I've achieved this. There's a lot of different ways to go about certain tasks when converting and I learn a better way to do it every time I do one (I've done a whopping whole 2 Saigas now). Now I just need to get more of my friends to go buy a Saiga so I can help them out.