got my 12rd surfire mags

gregg @ C.S.S. sent them yesterday. these look to be great mags. i had to file down the rear lip that locks the mag into the reciever--just a teeny tiny bit. they fit like a glove now. nothing against AGP (they also have great mags) but these SGM's to have a tighter fit similar to the factory mags. i really like them--especially having the option to cut down to 10,8,5, or 2 rounders. :super:

At 8 rounds are they shorter then an AGP. If so, by how much?

Here is a picture of all 3. A cut down SureFire to 8rds, AGP 10 and Surefire 12rd.

Greg

post-9063-1231888524_thumb.jpg

Greg, this is probably a dumb question, but to cut down the mags and have the spring work properly, do you simply cut the spring at the same point? That would make the most sense to me, but would like your expert input.

Greg, this is probably a dumb question, but to cut down the mags and have the spring work properly, do you simply cut the spring at the same point? That would make the most sense to me, but would like your expert input.

I asked the same question to Surefire a week ago. He told me that they would use the same unmodified spring for the 10's and 8's. They would use a shorter spring for the 5's and 2's. No need to cut it.

Greg

At 8 rounds are they shorter then an AGP. If so, by how much?

Here is a picture of all 3. A cut down SureFire to 8rds, AGP 10 and Surefire 12rd.

Greg

Pretty short but if the AGP were cut down to 8 it would be shorter. When I installed a Tromix floorplate I cut just below the last rib, which would make it shorter than the Surefire magazine cut down to 8.

I asked the same question to Surefire a week ago. He told me that they would use the same unmodified spring for the 10's and 8's. They would use a shorter spring for the 5's and 2's. No need to cut it.

Greg

I was thinking of cutting one of mine down to a 2 because of hunting here in Ohio. The firearm + tube/mag can't hold more than 3 shells. Would I have to contact SureFire to get a spring, or do you think I could cut mine down?