My new AR stuff - Bean told me to

Given typical gun show prices, it wouldn't be the best place to find an affordable lower. There might be some random/rare deals on lowers, but it's not the norm from what I've seen (and read).

Your best bet would be to buy online, if you can find them, and they aren't set at rapist prices.

+1 on the online advice - I just bought two stripped lowers in the past month, one RRA for 166 shipped and the other was a DAS (or DSA, can't remember?) for 180 shipped. Those were better prices than anything else I'd found recently.

• 1 month later...
wht a in the heck is that top thingy/

Looks like a lever action receiver with a can on it.

Suppressed lever action........I don't think I've ever seen one. You win 200 creativity points.

Edit: Twinsen, how do you like those Magpul handguards? I plan on picking some up when they come out with midlengths.

Edited by 22_Shooter

That is a Ruger 96/22, their lever action .22LR that takes 10/22 magazines. I have it out of the stock, as I'm staining the stock with a white pickle. I just slipped it in the stock and took a picture for ya.

P1010694-1.jpg

22 shoots, I really like the handguard. I like triangular type handguards like FALs and M-16A1's have. It's just comfortable to me. Getting rail sections isn't the easiest thing in the world though. I just ordered two polymer rails, a 2" and a 4" for it. I didn't want to do a $100 rail system, then add $40 worth of rail covers and all that crap. I want to put a flashlight on this gun, I have the light, the light mount, so I'm just waiting on the rail sections.

I fired it yesterday, it's sorta loud, rings the ears as little as anything can. I figure it's like closing a car door, but only because I have to use a stupid 3-lug in Connecticut, and you can see how pressure escapes around the barrel. Lame. When my pistol barrel comes in, that should be quieter by a lot. Oh, I forgot to say, the impact is louder than the shot. And the sonic boom is HILARIOUS. I shot it at my 100 yard line with supersonic ammo, and you could hear it cracking away, then the crack almost stops after it passes the 50 yard burm, then you can hear the crack again until it impacts with a loud thud. CRAACRAAACKTHUD. I got it on video, it's hilarious. This isn't even noticeable using supersonic .22LR, as the crack off that much smaller projectile isn't nearly as loud.

Either way, this gun in this setup (with flashlight) is going to be my go to setup for home defense. I can fire it and still hear 99%.

Edited by Twinsen

You don't know how long I waited for that. I wanted so bad for people to be like HOLY SCORE BATMAN! YOU WON THE AR GAME!

BTW on the 27th I have an RRA National Match kit coming in for it. It's gonna be 7.62x39 with a NM trigger. Yeah. Because .223 is for the ladies. lol