Removing the "vent rib sight"

I would like to remove the "vent rib" sight that my S-12 came with from the factory, in order to install a set of Krebs sights. What's the best way to do this? Does the rear of the rib drift out left to right, or right to left? And how is the front end attached?

Also, on the Krebs sights...the front sight looks pretty straight forward, but does the rear sight fit in the dovetail groove left by the removal of the vent rib, or does it attach another way?

• 3 weeks later...

Push the pin out that holds the back in, lay the shotgun on it's right side and hammer out left to right.

The front has an adjustable wheel with a spring retainer, get under the bottom of it and release it so it unscrews all the way. The "U" shaped piece in the rear dove tail drives out the same direction as above,

The Krebs ghost ring drives in from the other side. make sure the logo side faces back,... and remember the rubber insert that makes the "peep" hole smaller just pushes out only one direction.

It doesn't matter which direction you drift the rear sight. I have done them both ways. I generally drift it out from Rt to L (Rt = ejection port side).

Google Krebs Custom for the info on the sights.

Thanks, y'all. Work has gotten in my way (ridiculous amounts of overtime) so I haven't had time to do any work on this project as of late.

Krebs sights can be obtained here:

http://www.krebscustom.com/PartsPages/Kala...l#SAIGA12SIGHTS

The Krebs ghost ring drives in from the other side. make sure the logo side faces back,... and remember the rubber insert that makes the "peep" hole smaller just pushes out only one direction.

I've gotten my Krebs sight set....there's no "logo" on the rear sight that I can see. No markings whatsoever. Got pics? Also, the small aperture inside the peep appears to be steel....that just punches out, if I so desire?