NEW RAIL GRIP

Here I am, reading my bible in bed(shotgun news) and on page 59, middle of the add, 3rd from the left, a gift from our god of thunder, an affordable rail :wub: . Granted its probably not as nice as the chaos or the halo but its a start for the newbies. The Leapers site doesn't have it listed yet. I hope its under a 100.00 as the economy is eating my ass. :cryss: At least when I can no longer buy my guns I can start to outfit the ones I own. :devil:

I'm glad Leapers (UTG) stepped up and is offering a reasonably priced rail for the S-12. I have 4 of them on my AK's and they are ROCK solid and a bargain at $59. Perfect for mounting a VFG and light. I dunno how well it would hold zero for an optic, but for what I use it for...perfect. I also have one on my AR. lots of folks poo poo them because they don't cost $350. Guess the joke is on me.

Caspian

Here I am, reading my bible in bed(shotgun news) and on page 59, middle of the add, 3rd from the left, a gift from our god of thunder, an affordable rail :wub: . Granted its probably not as nice as the chaos or the halo but its a start for the newbies. The Leapers site doesn't have it listed yet. I hope its under a 100.00 as the economy is eating my ass. :cryss: At least when I can no longer buy my guns I can start to outfit the ones I own. :devil:

I just placed an order for those at the show. I think ours will sell for around $90-$95. They said it would be 2-3 weeks until they started shipping. I played with a demo and it looked very solid. The Chaos and DPH are more heavy duty and american made.

I will put more info out once I have them in.

Greg

CGW will also be carrying this rail, as well as some other new parts. I think the plan is that I will have to convert my spare room into a shipping area, as we ramp up sales to include parts and such. The rail itself may only be available as a conversion upgrade, depending on how things progess in the coming months.

Like has been stated, its not a CHAOS or other American made part, but its good for the price and for what it is.

Which part # is it?

They are not their website yet. They said it would be several weeks. Here is a scan of the rifle and shotgun models. Not very good pics, but you get the idea of it though. All four rails included.

Greg

post-9063-1232222663_thumb.jpg

post-9063-1232222678_thumb.jpg

I just bought a UTG for my AR for $54.00. It looks great and well made. The optics mount on a flat rail on top so that is not an issue. Forward pistol grip & flashlight mount for cheap. What a deal. Came recommended by a fine member here, MCASgt New River.

Edited by 1911

Man, I know there is a good reason for some folks to add one of those to their S12, but I think it's just ugly as hell. :chris:

It just ruins the aesthetics of the gun, makes it look like some kind of farby toy instead of a real Saiga. All that shit just looks artificial to me, but hey, I like all wood furniture on a gun too....

Here is a scan of the rifle and shotgun models. Not very good pics, but you get the idea of it though. All four rails included.

On the shotgun models, can the lower section be used independently of the upper section?

They should be able to work that way. I will know for sure when they are in hand.

Greg

Hot Damn! Laser, Flashlight, IR Flashlight, IR laser, pistol grip, bi-pod, Night vision, cosign indicator, video camera, GPS, and 10 cup coffeemaker, here I come!!! :D

Hot Damn! Laser, Flashlight, IR Flashlight, IR laser, pistol grip, bi-pod, Night vision, cosign indicator, video camera, GPS, and 10 cup coffeemaker, here I come!!! :D

Damn, why didn't I think of that? With a coffeemaker installed, you get a water-cooled shotgun, plus hot coffee on demand! You better have a drum though, you'll need a pretty high rate of fire to heat up a 10 cup unit. With 10-12 round mags you're better off with a small espresso maker.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, why didn't I think of that? With a coffeemaker installed, you get a water-cooled shotgun, plus hot coffee on demand! You better have a drum though, you'll need a pretty high rate of fire to heat up a 10 cup unit. With 10-12 round mags you're better off with a small espresso maker.

:lol:

thats pretty funny lol :lolol::lolol:

• 4 weeks later...
Man, I know there is a good reason for some folks to add one of those to their S12, but I think it's just ugly as hell. :chris:

It just ruins the aesthetics of the gun, makes it look like some kind of farby toy instead of a real Saiga. All that shit just looks artificial to me, but hey, I like all wood furniture on a gun too....

Hot Damn! Laser, Flashlight, IR Flashlight, IR laser, pistol grip, bi-pod, Night vision, cosign indicator, video camera, GPS, and 10 cup coffeemaker, here I come!!!

Remember - K.I.S.S.!

My concern about them is that they look uncomfortable with all of the sharp edges that you will be holding on when shooting. Do you have to wear a glove on the hand that holds the forward grip?

My concern about them is that they look uncomfortable with all of the sharp edges that you will be holding on when shooting. Do you have to wear a glove on the hand that holds the forward grip?

• 3 weeks later...