I've never heard of the term "AK12," but me like most of the other people around here have come in contact with someone who has never heard of the Saiga 12. So I tell them it is a 12 gauge AK47. Doesn't seem that bothersome to me, but it does bug me when people call a Jeep an SUV.

That wouldn't bother me. What I DO dislike is when someone sees me with my dogs and asks, "Is that a Rockweiler"? And you can interchange that with Rockwelder, Rockwiller, Rottwilder, Rockwilder, and plain and simply Rock....

That wouldn't bother me. What I DO dislike is when someone sees me with my dogs and asks, "Is that a Rockweiler"? And you can interchange that with Rockwelder, Rockwiller, Rottwilder, Rockwilder, and plain and simply Rock....

I hear ya TR!!! As for the AK 12? It does not bother me. I have to describe it like that to people not familiar with the Saiga 12.

Actually I'd like to see AK12 catch on just as an informal term. We all know its technically incorrect but to me it is more descriptive of what the gun is than Saiga, especially to those that are not familiar with them. As soon as I say Saiga to someone and I see that look on their face (see photo) I have to say "AK shotgun" anyway just so they know what I'm talking about.

CB013321.jpg

You're right. It's not a Jeep it's a Toyota that looks a LOT like a Jeep. The best designs are frequently copied.

Yeah but some people tend to call ANYTHING that's big and 4wd a jeep. As if jeep was a term generally used for all off-road vehicles.

I always call it a Saiga but it is actually a 12ga AK so I don't see anything wrong with it.I like the Saigas with the AK furniture and sights and if I ever to that to my own Saiga I might just call it an AK-12 in honor of this thread ;)

If your S-12 just happens to look like this you hear that term a lot.......

post-1293-1232294149_thumb.jpg

I tend to take that as a compliment. :smoke:

I refer to it as my AKS-12, kind of a combination.

My .410 gets weird looks at the range. Especially when I yell PULL

post-6703-1232313455_thumb.jpg

Edited by Superhawk138

I remember last year I went to one of our well known and large shooting range/gun store, won't mention their name. But I went in to see about prices for using the lanes and asked if I can bring my shotgun to use. They asked what kind? I stated "an S12", I got a blank look. I then said "Saiga 12". Same blank look. I then said, "I have it in my trunk if you wanna see it" He said sure, so I go out to my trunk and bring it in, put it on top of the counter, pop it open and I get nothing but wide eyes and dropped jaws. They had never seen one before. That's when I realized that most gun stores have no clue about weapons, unless it's a 1911, glock, sig, ar-something. They are like car dealers.

I want your Jeep!!! Seriously, that is a great looking FJ. Very nice.

sunnybean, I'm a Boston Terrier lover but I love your frenchie. Here's Willie, my pup:

SirWilliam.jpg

BobAsh is nice looking fj. Is that a bowtie on the grill?

Whats under the hood?

It's a '76 FJ40 that I've owned since 1979. 350 4-bolt main small block, cam, headers, edelbrock etc. I've done everything myself including the SOA lift, which works out to be 38X12 tires. I'm currently rebiulding it to be used for my son David, who is turning 16 this year. It's the rig he rode home in his first trip from Anaheim General to our place in Tustin.

Edited by BobAsh

Hey Bob, you have the evil twin to my old Cruiser. I called mine the "killer tomato" with a "No it's not a jeep-It's better" sticker just above the kick vents. Man I miss that thing, stroked and poked small block with everything converted to bowtie (steering, drive train, etc). Got an XJ now though-I'm a traitor, I know.

Non Saiga addics dont know Ignorance !!!! I took my Saiga $10 over my brother n laws house for the kids to shoot 30min later the law was at the hause neighbors complaind we was shooting fully auto assult rifel the popo inspected the weapon and asked whare he could get one for his boy.