I think we're all in agreeance on the FJ's.

As for dogs, Frechies rule...just as Martha Stewart. Bostons are right there too. Pugs, come on now. I'm sure they're are some good ones but the one's I've know had no manners and would piss on the couch for fun. Seriously, I don't think they even knew their names.

As for Rotts, no thanks there too. I'm sure yours are great dogs but I grew a strong disstaste for them when I dated a girl that had one. Damn thing would try to take a piece of my ass everytime I stepped into her yard. Of course, he was probably just paying me back for what I was doing to his Momma. That thing was worse than any father I've dealt with.

ETA...Most folks can pick out a Boston but she gets misidentified as a pug quite often (which bugs her;-)

I had her pegged as a Frenchie from your avatar, but I've seen some white-faced Bostons before. Frenchies are cool for sure, I'd consider one. Like you I've not had a good experience with a Pug, also I hear a lot about health problems.

As for bigger dogs, I'll never have another one. Small dogs give you more bang for the buck.

But Jeeps are still around...

You know they still make Landcruisers, right? The new ones are about $70K

Yes, i know. I was referring more to the Wrangler-type body style. I was also making an attempt at light humor.

By the way, I do like the new FJ Cruiser.

ok lets get acouple of things straight , fj40s were copied by jeep (cj7) not vis versa and pugs are cooler than terriors

Say What???? Jeeps were fighting the Japanese 20 years before Toyota ever started making the FJ-40's. And the first jeep was actually a Willys-Overland GPW. Don't get me wrong... Toyota is one of the best vehicles on the road and are more American made than GM, Ford, .... But the 1940's jeep was most certainly NOT a copied 1960's vehicle. :haha:

ok lets get acouple of things straight , fj40s were copied by jeep (cj7) not vis versa and pugs are cooler than terriors

Say What???? Jeeps were fighting the Japanese 20 years before Toyota ever started making the FJ-40's. And the first jeep was actually a Willys-Overland GPW. Don't get me wrong... Toyota is one of the best vehicles on the road and are more American made than GM, Ford, .... But the 1940's jeep was most certainly NOT a copied 1960's vehicle. :haha:

ok first off , i dont want to piss you off to bad cause i want my drums but a ww2 jeep is no cruiser . i own 2 millitary jeeps 1 is a flatty and the other is a m53 , plus i have a 1981 cj7 . the 6 cylinder in the fj , longer wheel base and the larger doors were copied by jeep in the 70 from falling sales to the cruiser

my cruiser is a 1967 with no rust with a 2f motor , 3 speed transfer , mini truck power steering , smittybuilt seats , momo steering wheel , weber carb , accoa classic wheels , 4 inch procomp lift , 4 wheel disc brakes , corvette mastercylinder , arb lockers front and back , hurculined floor pan

According to Wiki, the Japanese copied a captured Bantam:

"In 1941 the Japanese Imperial Army occupied the Philippines, where they obtained a Bantam Mk II, and promptly brought it to Japan. The Japanese military authorities commanded Toyota to make a similar vehicle but to not model the appearance on the American Jeep. The prototype was called the Model AK and was formally adopted by The Japanese Imperial Army as the Yon-Shiki Kogata Kamotsu-Sha ( 四式小型貨物車 The Imperial era 2604th model compact cargo-truck )."

According to Wiki, the Japanese copied a captured Bantam:

"In 1941 the Japanese Imperial Army occupied the Philippines, where they obtained a Bantam Mk II, and promptly brought it to Japan. The Japanese military authorities commanded Toyota to make a similar vehicle but to not model the appearance on the American Jeep. The prototype was called the Model AK and was formally adopted by The Japanese Imperial Army as the Yon-Shiki Kogata Kamotsu-Sha ( 四式小型貨物車 The Imperial era 2604th model compact cargo-truck )."

who are you on mud ?the first toyota (jeep) was the bj made in 1951 with help from usa and chevrolet . no bantams ever left the usa . Edited by bigdick