??'s on sgl-10 conversion

I have a few ??'s on the conversion of an sgl-10.

-first thing is first, I do not have a welder or an air hammer for rivets is this still a conversion I could do being a first timer or should I bite the bullet and use my coupon and sent it to the firing line

-I know k-var sells the conversion kit at discount(right now its 60$)but I don't like the standard ak pg and I'm not sure how the trigger is compared to stock or a tapco(which I like)is it still worth it to get the kit or would I be better off getting a tapco and an ergo grip(which I also like) seperate

-if I do go with a tapco trigger are there any additional mods I need to make to it, and would I go with a single or double hook

-If I can do this myself is there any tricks or anything I special I need to do for an sgl that varys from a standard saiga 7.62x39 conversion.

thanks for your time

BTW I did not know what category to put this under so mods feel free to it where appropriate

* No welder, air hammer or rivets needed. Some people prefer to use rivets for conversions, but most do not. Dont even consider welding or rivets for your first conversion. Please use this website to do your own research for the numerous stickys on how to convert. These are provided for the numerous Saiga newbies to reference so it is not reposted daily. Please go to www.dinzagarms.com to get bullet guide installation info.

* Use the K-Var kit and the coupon that comes with the rifle. K-var furniture is much better quality than the cheap Tapco furniture and is also USA made.

* If you get the Tapco G2 trigger (which is excellent), get the single hook and it will drop right in. I also recommend a pin retaining plate for ease of install, this can be purchased from Dinzag, DPH, and numerous other business in the business section of this website.

* SGL-10 conversion is the same as a regular 7.62x39 Saiga, but you have to identify your trunion type before you order a bullet guide. Once again, go to Dinzag Arms for this information.

* There is a board for Saiga rifle conversions