Noob Reloading Questions

I am trying to decide if it is profitable to reload for my AK and AR. I currently shoot steel cased wolf, but I have off and on wondered about reloading...

I'm not a big target shooter, I don't care about squeezing extra accuracy out of my ammo or trying to push the limits by loading the ammo hot. I really just want to save money. Is reloading really much cheaper than just buying steel cased ammo?

How many reloads do you get out of your brass from AK's and AR's?

How many rounds can you load an hour?

Do your handloads have better or worse failure rates than the cheap factory stuff?

Thanks for the info.

If your going to reload blasting/plinking or a shitload of pistol ammo get a progresive press,how many reloads from brass: depends on how you resize it and how much powder/pressure is in the case,a ballpark number would be 4-7 times maybe more,as far as how many rounds an hour then again depends on your press and skills,if you do your part and not short cut on the loading steps it should shoot better than cheap store bought ammo,223 reload price break down:7 cents bullet,.2 primer,.8 powder- for 17 cents a round,thats not counting any labor or cost of the tools/pres, your mileage may vary

Edited by pvt joker