I might be a genius rivet look alikes for holes..

If you end up with a hole on the bottom front of the receiver because of installing a different lower hand guard that does not need the screw, you can use the next size larger to fill that hole. Not all of these plugs are made the same way. The Hillman are a harder plastic and snap into the holes (if properly sized) firmly for a really nice fit. I have attempted to use the vinyl type - they easily distort and don't look as nice.

Edited by oliverb
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did the conversion the day after I bought the gun and all the needed parts for my 20. I couldn't find a binding post at Home Depot so I left the rear holes open. The front 2 are empty and the back

Seriously I point to these on my x39 and people have no idea that they aren't rivets. I figure they will work out real well on my NoBama special instead of paying $250 to get the holes welded up and r

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

I did this also, just to the side holes. Has anyone done the two holes forward of the trigger on the bottom of the receiver?

Another awesome hardware store fix is to get some small cotter keys to retain axis pins. This way you can individually remove pins and have the other positively retained.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My local Lowes and Home Depot do not stock them (but can order them for you). I just found them in stock at my local Ace hardware, the had about 40 of them. A little pricey at .59ea, but hey they are the hard plastic and available so I got picked up a few.

If you have an Ace hardware near you I would try them out. My local store always has a good selection of fasteners and the like compared to the bigger stores.