KA-1212BR for Saiga 12 - question

If you have experience with the KA-1212BR, please share your opinion on it.

The description makes it sound intriguing. They say it is a flash suppressor, a muzzle brake, and a breacher. I'm considering getting one.

"The KA-1212BR brake/breacher unit is designed to fit most models of 12ga smoothbore shotguns (muzzle OD will be needed to order correct unit). This product offers all of the features of the standard KA-1212 but with some design modifications to facilitate door/lock breaching. KA's proven '6/45' port arrangement, in addition to its usual benefits, also reduces the amount of debris blown into the operator's face during a dynamic entry. Blast and debris is pushed out laterally and away from the operator for reduced likelihood of injury. The KA-1212BR is also available for Saiga-12 shotguns with the M22x0.75 threaded muzzle. This unit is optimal for civilian and LE applications where the benefits of the KA-1212 are needed but where dynamic entry is a possibility. This unit will also allow shorter barreled 'door knockers' to shoot patterns comparable to longer barreled patrol shotguns, allowing it to be used for both applications if needed. The KA-1212BR offers the same stunning day-or-night performance of the KA-1212 but also sets itself apart as the premier breaching attachment on the market today. For a shotgun setup that is capable of handling most situations, running a KA-1212BR is an essential addition."

http://kingarmory.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page38.html

I might know something about them :angel: We have never had a customer complaint about them or even had anyone damage one yet. They aren't 'scary' looking, they're designed specifically for actual use in breaching doors. If you're looking for 'cool' then there are much 'cooler' looking attachments out there. If you're looking for something that works as advertised and is pretty much indestructable/'cop-proof', then the KA-1212BR is in a class of its own. It is one of the toughest (if not the toughest) breaching attachments available on the market today and also offers the addition benefits of flash reduction, recoil reduction, and pattern size reduction all it one compact package.

I might know something about them :angel: We have never had a customer complaint about them or even had anyone damage one yet. They aren't 'scary' looking, they're designed specifically for actual use in breaching doors. If you're looking for 'cool' then there are much 'cooler' looking attachments out there. If you're looking for something that works as advertised and is pretty much indestructable/'cop-proof', then the KA-1212BR is in a class of its own. It is one of the toughest (if not the toughest) breaching attachments available on the market today and also offers the addition benefits of flash reduction, recoil reduction, and pattern size reduction all it one compact package.

Thank you and glad to hear it straight from the horses' mouth. This is about what I figured from everything I could read about it. Your device is exactly what I was looking for. Until I learned about it I wondered why no one had made one device that accomplished all three of those purposes. I'm more interested in maximizing functionality than maximizing the sexiness or scariness of the device.

Sometime in the next few months I'll get one and then see how it does, but I don't have any other breacher or muzzle break or flash hider for the S-12 to compare it to. That is interesting that you say it does pattern reduction. Once I get one I'll see how it does and post a review.