Here is my Saiga .223

Here are two pictures of my .233. I put on a Tapco T6 stock and the Tapco Galil handguard. The scope mount is from Cheaper than Dirt and the Red Dot is a True Glo. The mag is a Sure Fire 30 round and I have a couple 10 rounders. I do believe I am compliant. Shot it yesterday but only at 25 yards. Off hand (no bench rest) it shot less than 2". Both my son and I shot it and it performed equally as well for both. He is actually a better shot than I am. Some thing funny happened during our outing. A frangible round ruptured about 1/3 of the way up from the rim. The rest of the brass stayed in the chamber and the next round fed into the broken brass. Obviously, it did not feed all the way. As you can see from the photo, the unfired round is also deformed from being slammed into the broken one. It took me about 10 min. to get both out. I had to field strip the rifle and sort of 'beat' the two rounds apart from each other. The rounds were reloads from Perfect Shot on the internet. The rest of the 100 rounds we fired went without incident. It must have been a freak event, maybe a double charge, maybe just weak brass. It certainly will make me reconsider only firing factory fresh ammo.

Handlebar aka Mike

post-13897-1232386173_thumb.jpg

post-13897-1232386194_thumb.jpg

post-13897-1232386228_thumb.jpg

Edited by handlebar

The rifle looks good. Glad it's shooting well for you. I had a similar experience with my brand new .223 Saiga. The first time out I was shooting reloads purchased from Dick's. The same thing happened to me on the first mag through the rifle. It's never happened since. Hope it never happens to you again.