Looking for reviews of the Saiga replacement covers with scope rail

Has anyone tried the replacement covers for Saiga rifles with the scope rail attached to them? I'm considering getting one for my .223 as it appears to be a good deal but would appreciate any feedback from those who have them or have tried them out.

Thanks.

MM

They're not known for maintaining zero (especially after removing the cover to clean the rifle).

Edited to add: I never tried one on a Saiga, but I have tried them on AK's. I still have one in a box somewhere I bought for an AK that had no rail. I finally gave up on it and got a B-Square mount to replace it.

Edited by cma g21

The dust cover mounts are too loose. Forget about it. I have also had trouble trying to zero the sidemount devices. Even shimming the mount with washers and paper clips didn't work. The best result for me was a B-Square mount for the MAK-90, although I had a hellacious time getting it done. Probably inexperience.

Monomonk

I'd save your money and get the side rail mount, that's how the gun was designed.

First of all, thanks for all the responses. It seems clear to me that I should avoid these non-hinged cover/mount packages.

I see that Cheaper Than Dirt has an inexpensive side rail mount (a UTG for around $22 or so) which seems to have reviews that are all over the board, some great, some horrible.

I just read some reviews on the B Square mount too and see that is also reflecting very mixed reviews.

Right now I'm leaning towards the UTG side mount with a basic scope to experiment with. As you mentioned KySoldier, that is how the firearm was designed to be scoped.

Thanks again for the advice.

MM