Is there any way to not see the posts coming out of the "fight club" when I click on "View New Posts? Its really beginning to get kind of sad and pathetic. I looked in the Controls section and couldn't find any way to do that.

I went back about a year ago when I was on forum staff, and cleaned up some stuff that just stuck out exactly how you are suggesting, easily on google of all places. It looks really bad, that type of crap. Longer membership users may remember the trash can going hidden around that time, as well. That was the exact reason that was changed.

Im no saint, either.

Making the fight club member viewable only, along with the rest of the "other stuff" section wouldnt be a bad idea. It would moderate it without censoring it, in a way, and drop the smut and other bullshit language off of google's radar, at the very least, a great deal.

Having a hidden business members only forum might make sense, as well. Maybe that would be a good way to get Clyde Woods as well as a number of others, that simply do not have the time to visit this forum, to discuss product issues or other items of interest like availability and new product shipments or releases, and things of that nature.

I agree, Dogman. It's not only sad and pathetic, it's so hateful and incredibly profane that I can't even let my grand kids boot the forum up for me anymore! I mean, I'm an ex-submarine sailor for the USNavy, and we, in our worst moments, didn't talk like some of these folks do! I had requested some way to at least, in the title of the subject, eliminate or reduce the gutter gumming, but was told by some moderator that "that's just the way the Fight Club is." I just don't understand it. This is supposed to be a Saiga forum for folks to visit and exchange ideas about their weapons. How did it get to the state where it is today? Are there just no limits imposed?

Is there any way to not see the posts coming out of the "fight club" when I click on "View New Posts? Its really beginning to get kind of sad and pathetic. I looked in the Controls section and couldn't find any way to do that.

Hey... if you have a problem with Surly be sure to use his name and take it to the "fight club" section.

Hey... if you have a problem with Surly be sure to use his name and take it to the "fight club" section.

Well Nailbomb I guess you just aren't paying attention. It would be impossible for me to have a problem with Surly because he doesn't even register on my GiveAfuck-o-meter. Same goes for a small handful of other people on here. I think its great to have a section for all the kids to go and Blah blah blah about nothing because that helps keep it out of the other forums here but there needs to be a way to keep it totally separate from those of us who don't care to even hear that crap.

Well Nailbomb I guess you just aren't paying attention. It would be impossible for me to have a problem with Surly because he doesn't even register on my GiveAfuck-o-meter. Same goes for a small handful of other people on here. I think its great to have a section for all the kids to go and Blah blah blah about nothing because that helps keep it out of the other forums here but there needs to be a way to keep it totally separate from those of us who don't care to even hear that crap.

Was the sarcasm and intended joke completly lost?

Besides latley you would have to block fight club, general discussion, and political discussion all...

Edited by Nailbomb

So you have a problem with the fight club but not the funny section with all the nekkid women. Strange.

Was the sarcasm and intended joke completly lost?

Besides latley you would have to block fight club, general discussion, and political discussion all...

OK, I guess it went right over my head. No problem. And its not my intent to try and tell anybody here what they can and can't say. I love a good debate, I'm just looking for a little separation from the juvenile stuff.

So you have a problem with the fight club but not the funny section with all the nekkid women. Strange.

Right. I got no problem with naked women or funny stuff. I guess I'm just strange that way. I think you have me confused with the guy who said he can't let his kids see this forum. And as I said, I don't even have a "problem" with the fight club as much as I have a problem with figuring out a way to just screen it out. Because frankly, it not just stupid, its boring, too.

There are several different ways actually. On the main page you can click the little "minus" sign in the top right corner of the section that holds all that bovine feces. Maybe that will help you keep from being tempted to peek into that horrid section that bores and offends you so bad.

As far as finding a way not to see it keep coming up in "view new posts", there's this little thing called self control... :rolleyes:

Then of course, there the "ignore user" function. It's probably only a handful of people that truly offend you here. If you just "ignore" everything they say, then you won't get offended.

If some of those folks actually have some really useful information to share some, or most of the time, then you will unfortunately lose that too.

Then if all that fails, there's always that red box in the top right corner with the "X" in it.

Good luck...and God help you when Surly finds this post...lol. :cryss:

Mikein, I guess it is a sad day when you find out you can no longer take your young grand children to the place where the adults hang out. Adults, some of whom don't even have kids, should not have to censor everything they say in a place like that, just because a very few people want to bring children into the room. BTW there are limits here to what one can post...they just aren't quite as strict as some other PC forums. The fact that we do have a "fight club" here, is a good thing. It helps keep all the unwanted crap out of the other forums. It's really not that hard to ignore it and just visit the forums that have the good stuff, the actual useful stuff, information about Saigas. :up:

If you are walking down the street to the museum with your kids, and you happen to pass a gay bar or a strip joint, just keep walking and don't go in there.

OK tritium I get the hint!

But cant we have A little fun. This is not arfcom after all!

Btw dogman do you have any bite with that bark? :devil:

Going to the gym now, please no talking pupu I might get my feelings hurt,and get offended or even need counceling!

Btw dogman do you have any bite with that bark? :devil:

Going to the gym now, please no talking pupu I might get my feelings hurt,and get offended or even need counceling!

Oh boy, here we go again. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, you go to a gym and you're a big tough guy. Geez. My apologies to other members for having to see what should have been a simple technical question become more playground jawjacking.

WTF?? Come on guys give me a break, the fight club is exactly that fight club. If you don't won't to see what is going on in there then don't open it and look. Kind of like being at the magazine rack and offended because there is a playboy on the rack (no pun intended) and your worried it might tempt you? Or your grandkids might sneak a peak. What do they say about monitoring what your kids are doing on the internet. Maybe you guys should get rid of your computers too so the kids may not get on a naughty site.......

Saiga forum is the best unlike the others that if a little light arguing starts they start throwing warnings around. shhhh.......

If you see fight club don't open it and pass on to the next subject.

I'm tired of people bitching what is good for me and that i may not be smart enough to know for myself.

SURLY.............SURLY................SURLY...................SURLY............

.........SURLY........................SURLY......................

There are several different ways actually. On the main page you can click the little "minus" sign in the top right corner of the section that holds all that bovine feces. Maybe that will help you keep from being tempted to peek into that horrid section that bores and offends you so bad.

As far as finding a way not to see it keep coming up in "view new posts", there's this little thing called self control... :rolleyes:

Then of course, there the "ignore user" function. It's probably only a handful of people that truly offend you here. If you just "ignore" everything they say, then you won't get offended.

If some of those folks actually have some really useful information to share some, or most of the time, then you will unfortunately lose that too.

Then if all that fails, there's always that red box in the top right corner with the "X" in it.

Good luck...and God help you when Surly finds this post...lol. :cryss:

Mikein, I guess it is a sad day when you find out you can no longer take your young grand children to the place where the adults hang out. Adults, some of whom don't even have kids, should not have to censor everything they say in a place like that, just because a very few people want to bring children into the room. BTW there are limits here to what one can post...they just aren't quite as strict as some other PC forums. The fact that we do have a "fight club" here, is a good thing. It helps keep all the unwanted crap out of the other forums. It's really not that hard to ignore it and just visit the forums that have the good stuff, the actual useful stuff, information about Saigas. :up:

If you are walking down the street to the museum with your kids, and you happen to pass a gay bar or a strip joint, just keep walking and don't go in there.

+1 Cobra

Yeah, we sure can, and do. However when things appear to be headed into the crapper quickly it becomes counterproductive to the participants as well as other readers. Glad to keep my nose out of it unless that occurs. G'day gents. See ya.

I still say that only registered members be able to see the "other" sections. That is not what draws guest users to this site, and it shows up as a gigantic shit stain on google searches. Like I said up there, that was why I hid the trash can. Hiding the other sections from non-members isnt the solution to that OP's dilemna, but it sure would eliminate some of the bull of what comes up on google. Even hiding the wall of shame isnt a bad idea, but then how do we pull in the non-believers that are looking for products in there.

I dunno. Not really my problem anymore, Im here to sell guns and that fine and fuzzy shit, now.

I know that Makc wants this board run unobtrusively, but as I have said in the past, its going to get to a point where it will have to have SOME type of moderation in postings.

Stupid shit, like forbidding the word "fuck" or "nigger" and the like in topic titles and descriptions would be a good start.

One can still go balls out with speaking thier mind without a lot of unneeded bullshit.

I guess it just looks unprofessional, and now that there is a sizeable vendor base here, as well as some of the other "Big fish" in the saiga world watching this site, maybe its time to set a different public tone. Most of the vendors I approached with coming on board here over a year and some months ago cited this very reason for holding off on advertising here.

I see hordes of topics still that are misplaced and not moved, actually. some new, some old, some ancient.

GET OFF YOUR ASSES AND GET TO WORK MODS!!!! :)

On another note, I would be PISSED if my 12 year old kid got ahold of some of the graphical material that is posted on this site from a simple google search. someone would answer for it too, most likely. Some stuff should be members-only, for sure.

this is saiga-12.com not tittie central, slur school, political juncture ed, or cuss fest 2009.

Done! (Look up!!!)

I am sure I didnt hear someone speaking to me, but just in case someone was, I will clarify

I said in TOPIC TITLES AND DESCRIPTIONS. There may also be some applications where it is unwarranted in public posts, and the OTHER sections are a large majority of the shit that comes up on google and to guest users as garbage, and should be removed from the entire internet's eye, just like I did with the trash can.

I would bring up several other points of interest that might be considered as well by the staff and ownership of this site, but this isnt the time or place for that. besides that, I have no say in the matter as it is, but am confident that what I am saying is not only correct, but as a paying vendor on this site, warranted.

stop talking to me cobra.

side note - when approaching big companies to come aboard here, I was specifically referred to a set of threads about a product that was shunned here, and its graphical nature of how it was handled and spoken about, and was told that they would all come on board once things like that stopped. They all know who they are, if they are reading this, and I thank them for all of the advice I was given, when I had noone to turn to.