Is there a Pistol grip

Unless you want to move your FCG forward, you may be out of luck on that one. I've only seen the Tapco T6 stock/pistol grip combo. Hopefully, someone else will be able to help you out if you don't want to move the FCG forward.

However, if you DO want to move the FCG forward, you have plenty of pistol grips go choose from. You can keep your Monte Carlo stock as well, but it's a pretty long reach to the pistol grip with the MC stock when everything is moved forward. It's approx. a 2" difference.

Unless you want to move your FCG forward, you may be out of luck on that one. I've only seen the Tapco T6 stock/pistol grip combo. Hopefully, someone else will be able to help you out if you don't want to move the FCG forward.

However, if you DO want to move the FCG forward, you have plenty of pistol grips go choose from. You can keep your Monte Carlo stock as well, but it's a pretty long reach to the pistol grip with the MC stock when everything is moved forward. It's approx. a 2" difference.

In that case I'll do without the PG. I like the way the gun looks and feels stock except for the lack of a PG. Thank you for your reply. You've been really on the spot with all my goofy questions. I appreciate it.

Ok, newbie question here, but will the Tapco T6 stock/grip combo work on an unconverted Saiga 12? This is the specific one I'm talking about:

Linky

(I've tried searching, but I couldn't find anything. Sorry if I missed it)

I even contacted the "tech" support at CTD, and they said it should work, but they weren't 100%.

Ok, newbie question here, but will the Tapco T6 stock/grip combo work on an unconverted Saiga 12? This is the specific one I'm talking about:

Linky

(I've tried searching, but I couldn't find anything. Sorry if I missed it)

I even contacted the "tech" support at CTD, and they said it should work, but they weren't 100%.

In order to use that pistol grip, you need to convert. You can get this Tapco stock set, though and it will work without converting.

You can do the who PG conversion, and use the OEM buttstock as your buttstock. It's not totally horrible looking, but you will need to watch your parts count.

Isn't that the same one?

The OEM stock is the stock that comes with your Saiga from the factory. The "monte carlo" stock.

I remember seeing in the 7.62x39 section, someone kept it on after the PG conversion and liked the way it handled.

Has anyone used that setup before? Opinions?

I'd like to know too honestly. I dont want to convert my shotgun either, but really wouldnt mind the pistol grip and was looking at this piece.

I had thought that this and the 12 round mag would make my shotgun 922r compliant, but, after this thread my newbie saiga self is not sure.

*edit, eff it bought a t6 saiga kit. Ill be sure to post how it goes on next week when it arrives.

I think I figured out the 922r stuff, its damned confusing tho. So my gun is legal if i have the T6 installed and the 12 rnd magazine in. If i put the 5 round magazine in, it no longer is legal unless i get a US manufactured magazine. Correct me if i am wrong here.

Edited by pl1ght

I'd like to know too honestly. I dont want to convert my shotgun either, but really wouldnt mind the pistol grip and was looking at this piece.

I had thought that this and the 12 round mag would make my shotgun 922r compliant, but, after this thread my newbie saiga self is not sure.

*edit, eff it bought a t6 saiga kit. Ill be sure to post how it goes on next week when it arrives.

I think I figured out the 922r stuff, its damned confusing tho. So my gun is legal if i have the T6 installed and the 12 rnd magazine in. If i put the 5 round magazine in, it no longer is legal unless i get a US manufactured magazine. Correct me if i am wrong here.

I'm pretty sure if you have a 5 round mag, you don't need to be 922r compliant (but I could be wrong).

I'm pretty sure if you have a 5 round mag, you don't need to be 922r compliant (but I could be wrong).

You would still need to adhere to 922r, because you now have a pistol grip installed.

You would still need to adhere to 922r, because you now have a pistol grip installed.

Yes, addition of the PG makes the gun "non-sporting".

Oh. My mistake.

So has anyone used this grip/stock?

Mine just got in today and I hopefully will get a chance to slap it on either tonight or tomorrow. Depends on the kids nap time!

Yes, addition of the PG makes the gun "non-sporting".

Oh. My mistake.

So has anyone used this grip/stock?

Mine just got in today and I hopefully will get a chance to slap it on either tonight or tomorrow. Depends on the kids nap time!

Took about 15 mins to install. Looks good feels good. Also popped in tapco gas piston at same time.

5.jpg

I kinda like the looks of that. Let me know how it feel when shooting ;)

Did you get the stock/grip and the piston from the same place? If so, who?

Will do. Probably wont be out shooting for another week or so just because wife says i need a break :)

I picked up everything from mississippautoarms at reasonable prices. Quick shipping as well.

Im waiting on the Tromix FCG to get in and deciding between the Chaos tri/quad rails as well to complete it.

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/index.p...products_id=339

Edited by pl1ght
I'm assuming you can put the "stock" stock back on if you needed to, right?

Didn't I read somewhere that the gas piston doesn't count towards 922R complaince?

He should be able to bolt the monte carlo stock back on

The gas piston that tapco sells doesn't count, the gas puck does