Saiga Refinishing

I have two saiga 762x39 that I will be converting back to orginal format (as money and trigger parts become available), however, my biggest dilemma has been how to refinish the guns once I am at that point. I know that using hi-temp paint is the cheapest, however, being to much of a doesn't help. Parkerizing is what I really want but I don't want to spend the $80 each. I also have two M44 Russian rifles to refinish so after conserable research I have decided to use brownells aerosol gun kote finish. This is one of the best products and if I wait about one month brownells will have multiple colors available. Brownells tech support said that if you prep the guns properly, degrease, bead blast or sand blast, preheat and bake you should have a great finish. With the multiple colors that will be available one can camoflage with gun kote just like the pictures of guns completed using dura coat.

I have been conferring with Messiah Jones and as I complete these projects I will be providing him with the information to update his cd's.

Both my saigas were built in 2003 and will require the use of bullet guides.

Also, I am an avid supporter of TAPCO and if anyone is interested, they are currently selling 20 round amd ak magazines for 5.99. I just received 6 of them and for used mags they were nice. I asked how many they had on hand and they said about a ton of them but will probably sell out by Christmas. If you want mags this is the way to go.

If you have questions I can be reached at weinfamily@mpks.net

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

A friend and I refinished 2 bolt action Russian 22 rifles,3 Mossberg pump shotguns,and his Barrett M-82 50 BMG rifle with Brownells baking laquer. The Russian rifles were done with black and the rest with grey parkerizing color. We baked them in his kitchen while his wife was at work. They all turned out real well. One of the shotguns was for a friend that had it in his trucks rifle rack all winter. There were some rub marks from the rifle rack but it didn't wear through the paint.