POSP on Saig .308

Hello, this is my first post. I own a modded Saiga .223 and just today ordered a Saiga .308 21.8" barrel. I am intending to install the Saiga "skeleton" stock, the new tri rail forend, a bipod, and tactical sling. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the POSP scopes. I'm curious about cheek weld and eye relief and whether you still can use iron sights? I am not moving the trigger group. Im thinking of the 6x42 or 8x42 POSP. Although, I would like an adjustable magnification. I'm not dead set on these scopes so if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to chime in. I do want an illuminated reticle and at least mil dots. And I do not want to go much if any over 42mm lens.

That's what I use. The iron sites can't be used with the scope on. I like the scope ok as it holds zero when removed pretty well, Cheek and eye relief aren't the best though, but I dont have a skeleton stock on mine. That may make a difference. I would suggest changing the trigger group as the factory one is crap.

i have a 308 with the skeleton stock and a posp 8x scope.

With the cheek weld thingie on it's normal "on" position - it's just perfect for using the scope. You can swivel the check weld thingie around - so that the actual cheek leather thing is facing sideways and not your cheek. With it swiveled around like so, I can use the iron sights just fine.

I hope that makes sense.

That's what I use. The iron sites can't be used with the scope on. I like the scope ok as it holds zero when removed pretty well, Cheek and eye relief aren't the best though, but I dont have a skeleton stock on mine. That may make a difference. I would suggest changing the trigger group as the factory one is crap.

I have a POSP 8x on my .308 and I can use the iron sites just fine. I can take the top cover off without removing the scope, to give you an idea of how much clearance you have.

I have the Choate Drag stock on my converted 08, and the 8x42 posp.

The cheek weld with the original monte carlo stock was more like a chin weld.

No strangeness with the Choate, and I can use my irons under the scope.

Much better trigger after conversion.

I converted my .308 on friday, I'll let you know how the choate stock works with the scope. But for the record, I was using a saiga skeleton stock with the POSP and it lined up great, I just hated the upward pull of the trigger, hence the conversion. I figure theat with a straight back pull, as opposed to an upward pull, I'll have a bit better control over the trigger, if that makes sense.

I went with a 6x24 scope ,it's not as heavy as the 8x42 .

Eugene,

I've been out of the loop for a while and was wondering what make stock is on this rifle. It appears to be shorter than the Choate. I like it.

Thanks.

Tex

Look's like the RAA skeleton stock (it's for unconverted Saiga's):

http://store.tradingpostsupply.com/raaiz196.html

http://www.raacfirearms.com/Saiga_option.htm

Edited by cma g21

Tex MAA has them ,they are for unconverted SAIGAs .

Eugene,

I've been out of the loop for a while and was wondering what make stock is on this rifle. It appears to be shorter than the Choate. I like it.

Thanks.

Tex

Tex MAA has them ,they are for unconverted SAIGAs .

Eugene,

Thanks.

Tex

Thanks, Eugene.

Tex

Hello, I'm new here as well.

I just picked up a Saiga 308 16" and am also interested in the POSP scopes. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the POSP variable power scopes. Since the reticle is range finding, and has chevrons at fixed MOA, does anyone know if these variable power scopes are First Focal Plane or Second Focal Plane? Meaning, when you zoom the power up and down, does the reticle get bigger and smaller, or does it stay the same size no matter what. It would seem to be pointless to have a rangefinding reticle that is only good for 1 specific power, but I don't know.

TIA

With the 6x24 posp I cannot get the full picture in the scope. The eye relief sucks on it for some reason.. It feels like if I could move the scope back (Its using the posp with the attached mount) or shorten the stock it would be perfect. Right now the sight picture is hard to see. any ideas on how to fix?