5 AGP 10rd mags enough?

is this enough or should i get more? i dont even have the gun yet...it should be here in california all ready to go within 3 - 4 weeks.....i was thinking of investing my money into a nice flash hider for looks and also sights....i also like the tromix hand guards....what do you guys think am i off to a good start with 5 mags?

I would have to agree. With the economic and political climate unstable, I am of the belief that you can never have too much of something. 5 mags is definately a good start. Have you coinsidered a 20 round drum? It would be a nice addition to your collection. Either way, you are in a good position.

DT

I would have to agree. With the economic and political climate unstable, I am of the belief that you can never have too much of something. 5 mags is definately a good start. Have you coinsidered a 20 round drum? It would be a nice addition to your collection. Either way, you are in a good position.

DT

Not nearly enough! What are you gonna do after you killed the first 50? Ask them nicely to take a break while you reload your magazine?

I want to have 10 20 round drums! I'm planning on taking 200 of them b@stards with me before being over run. Actually, 199 of them. The last one is for me. You'll never take me alive!!!!!!111one!!!! ARRGGGGgggg!!!!! ARRRRRGGGGggggg!!!!!!

I have 4, and an md20 on order. I think that is enough. Sure, more of something that is hard to get is good, but do you really need more?

Could you spend the "more mag money" on other, more practical things, like, say, a new Glock or something instead? You live in CA so that seems unlikely, but who knows.

I have 13 Pmags for my AR15s. I wish I bought more of those, when they were readily available for $13 a pop with the chrome silicon spring. Still, truth be told, if the zombies are coming, an S12 with an md20 loaded, and 4 AGP 10 rounders in reserve along side a couple ARs with 13 pmags and 7 GI mags with handguns and magazines galore really ought to be enough.

If I find myself ever to need more, chances are I'm in shit too deep to climb out of no matter HOW many mags or guns I have.

I think 5 is plenty. Use your other money for other stuff.

yeah you guys are right...plus since i live in Commiefornia its hard to find a 20rd drum....i think its legal because there is no limit on a shotgun on how many rounds your allowed to have as long as your shotty has a maglock...but since im in college its gunna be hard to get the toys i want...it was hard enough to have what i have now i have sacrificed alot....

I have 6 agp, and one surefire, and a Md 20 on order.

I want atleast 2 more agp and maybe two more surefire mags...

I would like atleast 20 mags per gun... but it comes down to $$, if the mags were not $50 a piece I would want/have more.

Don't forget a "surplus" of magazines you may have sitting on a shelf is a very strong bargaining chip under certain circumstances; and you could get a lot for one mag in a barter situation. Extra mags, or even mags for guns you don't own but which are popular is like gold in a vault. Over time the value will increase even without legislation or shortages. The speed of increase in value is dependent on social/political/economic factors. Even without legislative action to squelch sales, over time the natural market forces will cause the manufacturing cost to increase; hence the extra mags you own will increase. Mags for popular firearms can be a good investment as well as a practical purchase.

Edited by Fallschirmjager

Zombies ? I am more afraid of not being able to get anymore in the future. I got 4 - 5 rounders, a couple Surefires, and a clear AGP. I want more AGP's or Surefires, but damn, $50 apiece hurts. I need more mags for my 7.62, plus some more ammo, plus some 9mm ammo, and so on and so on. At some point ya just gotta give up ya know and hope you can get another when you got the funds.

yep. Live within your means. Don't forget, Ammo is important too. Without it, mags are just.. well... empty.

I'd prefer to have 1000 rounds of 7.62 and 1 mag, than 1000 mags and one round.

of course that's an exaggeration. But still, even things out. I recently bought 10 Glock mags and I don't even own a Glock (yet lol).

I usually have ten per weapon as a minimum. However, Saiga 12 mags seem to be a bit more delicate than the average mag. I have decided twenty is my minimum for my Saiga 12 with two of those being drums. I have about the same amount in mags as I do my SBS including tax. But without a mag; all I'd have is a neat single shot until the extractor broke.