With all the political B.S. going on Ammo has been getting pretty scarce and the price seems to be going through the roof when I do find it. I found some at a decent price and I bought alot and by alot I mean 2000rds of .223 and 3 640rd spam cans of 7.62x39. The UPS man came today which is a feller of the darker persuation(not trying to be racist) and acted very suspicious towards me. He did nothing but give me dirty looks and warned me not to get "crazy" with this stuff. I know that I did nothing illegal and all my firearms are legal but I dont want to have to deal with issues. should I have to worry?

The only thing I would worry is that you have a good safe. Now that person knows what you got, and where you live. Make sure all your paperwork is in order, as usual. I doubt he will start shit. I mean, what can he do? call the BATF and tell them he delivered a shipment of bullets to your house? That will garner no attention.

As for the spam cans, I have one full of 7.62x54R. I just figured I'd leave it sealed. Thought the ammo would be better kept that way? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Wheel
If you're legal, you're legal. I see nothing to worry about. Yes, those cans are a pain to open. Someone said they use an angle grinder with a cut-off wheel to open them faster. Small world, too. I grew up in Oneida, NY.

I just moved from oneida a couple of months ago

Edited by Bilo

I'd have asked him what he meant by "getting crazy", then I'd have told him to be sure to not get crazy in his big, brown truck out there on the roadway with all those other people's lives at stake. Whatta jackass. It's NO business of his what you do with your ammo, anyway. He's just the damn package carrier.

If you're legal, you're legal. I see nothing to worry about. Yes, those cans are a pain to open. Someone said they use an angle grinder with a cut-off wheel to open them faster. Small world, too. I grew up in Oneida, NY.

I just moved from oneida a couple of months ago

Even more of a coincidence. I live in Texas now, though. Here, the UPS driver is more likely to start talking about the guns he has than he is to give you a hard time.

Purchase your ammo at gunshows and pay cash.

Got a big gun show coming up in april in syracuse I believe,just gonna buy the rest there.

You mean you'll be just there to look, and plan on not purchasing anything. *WINK*

Yea Yea, I have no desire to buy anymore :smoke:

Good luck with your journey to a local gunshow nothing but disappointment for me. I would make this gun show if you ever get the the chance. I would trek twice a year with buddies from Houston to Tulsa and still could not see everything in two days.

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/frames.html

Good luck,

Yakdung

My UPS delivery guy is the worst! Not attitude, just screw ups and he always says he wasn't on duty when it happens and yet I never see anybody but him. I talked with the 800 number and raised hell, I talked with the local office and raised hell. All to no avail. The next time he showed up I accidentally let my Samson (Great Dane) get past me to inspect his ass. Then I let him know that the next time he screwed up a delivery Samson might mistake him for a burglar. :eek::lolol::lolol: His eyes got big and he has been very punctual since. If they don't want to deliver heavy parcels they should find another line of work. If they want to see crazy, come on in. :)

Purchase your ammo at gunshows and pay cash.

Roger that,been on the cash and money order trip for weapons and accessories for a couple years now.That UPS might go tell someone that you are a militia guy or something,I'd store some of my ammo and weapons off site if I were you(then again I do that anyway).

Here's what you do the next time he makes a delivery. Raise your hand in a fist palm facing toward him and say "power to the people" brother :haha2: If that doesn't work then ask if he's seen your new pet rottweiler. That should do the trick.

Fuck'm it's none of his business he may just be jealous because he can't legally buy guns and ammo because of his felony record. :oops: That just popped out :blush:

i probably would be a little concerned, regardless of his race, if the same guy was bringing me the guns and ammo I order. I mean, anyone taking notice would know you got a fortune in there. Keep 'em lock up and not in plain view.....

I only keep out a pistol on each floor of the house, and a pistol and shot gun by the bed. the rest are, well, nowhere to be found........

Most everything is locked up and out of site. The only thing that I keep out is my wasr-10 with one mag half full. Im a single guy and I live alone .That is always by me when I sleep, wether im sleeping in my bedroom or on the couch.

I guess I am lucky. My UPS driver is friendly and most likely voted for McCain. When he comes by he grins and says here is some more ammo for you.

I would have told the guy to mind his own business, and try to keep someone home as much as possible and at least one weapon out for HD Its none of his business if you are ordering ammo or grow lights. None of his business at all.