• 2 months later...

I wouldn't worry about it at all. That being said, usually people that show a attitude of superiority or policing usually feel like they have been given permission to do so, maybe there is some "watch out for militia types" talk going on up there. Of course a lot of people are just condescending nosy assholes.

Mailman came today and droped off 500rnds 7.62 x39 HP.

went something like this

whump(sound of package hitting doorstep)

BANG BANG BANG(hard knock on door)

VROOOOM(him leaving)

i was 10 feet away from the front door and the only thing i saw was him getting back in the truck...

Mailman came today and droped off 500rnds 7.62 x39 HP.

went something like this

whump(sound of package hitting doorstep)

BANG BANG BANG(hard knock on door)

VROOOOM(him leaving)

i was 10 feet away from the front door and the only thing i saw was him getting back in the truck...

That's pretty much how it goes when they come by my house. One time I had ordered a couple of cases, and opened the door when dude was coming up the steps. He was like "Man, what'd you order, some bricks?" I just grinned at him. I should have told him it was cocaine, that would definitely get a response.

I will say this: people like that could potentially create trouble for you in a confiscation situation. Not being paranoid, not saying it's going to happen, I'm just stating fact. He's what's known as a "paranoid snitch." Someone who doesn't mind their own business and will gladly rat you out because of unjustified fear. Simply ignoring someone like that is a bit dangerous, but you also don't want to really talk to him and make it any more memorable. The idea is to not attract undue attention. You don't want to be the one delivery he remembers. Saying something like, "Gonna hit the range this weekend" is GOOD. It makes it less memorable by disarming his paranoia. Being evasive or dismissive is bad. You really do not want your delivery guy, at some point in the future, going, "I just delivered 2 huge cases of ammo to this address."

If you have never bought ammo at a gunshow before, here is a handy tip. Wait until after you are done looking for the day to buy it and take out to your vehicle. Don't make a case of ammo the first purchase in the door and lug it around all over, unless you bring a small hand truck with you. Heck, you probably can't even buy it in the shows anymore, all outside purchases or pickups. Years ago when I went to my first gun show in Houston, they had all the guns on one side of the room, all the ammo on the other wall and the knives and arts and crafts in the middle. There was a guy pushing a cart around selling mixed drinks and beer! LMAO! I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! They cracked down after a few accidental test "see if the ammo fits the gun" misfires. Only in Texas! I'd just be polite and courteous to the UPS guy unless he tries to start shit. Don't get him riled up and make an enemy.