Decisions decisions?

I have been here contemplating on witch side folding stock to go with. Ace or Tromix? In all honesty I like the looks of the tromix on the saiga way better (as far as I can tell in photos), but I have read in posts while doing research that some people were having trouble getting a proper cheek weld with the squared off tromix and difficulty with adding proper recoil pad. Anyone have that problem? I also have heard many good things about the Ace stock. It is very versatile, can come in various lengths, different recoil pad sizes, and can be equipped with a foam pad for a cheek rest. If anyone who has experience with one or both stocks could shine some light on this subject any information would be greatly appreciated.

I dont know about the "angles" on a Tromix..but I can tell you I have bought my last Ace product..After accepting the fact that they do not notify you when your purchase ships, I finally received my internal block and skeleton stock a few minutes ago..Yup..got the block right..Yup, included the sling "upgrade"..and..DAMN! sent the wrong damn stock! The invoice is clearly marked "AKFX"..and they sent an ARFX (complete with install instructions)...Any further purchases I make will be from Tromix and Dinzag. Your mileage may vary.

Be forewarned of ordering from ACE. They have a horrible system and orders can sit on the back burner for months. Yes months. I finally got through to them to cancel an order I placed two months ago for a pig nose, receiver and a stock. I decided to order through CAA and I received my stuff today that I ordered three days ago. I am not telling you not to order from ACE, I am just warning you to be ready for a long wait on your parts.

DT

thank you for your replys about the customer service of ace, but I am more interested in the function of the product. I will be getting my tromix gun soon and need to know whitch stock to go with. As stated above I was wondering if anyone had problems with the tromix as far as the cheek weld and installation of the recoil pad. I have heard good things about both products and I am having trouble deciding on whitch to go with. I like the look of the tromix, but the vesatility of the ace. Anyone who has experence with these two products please HELP !!!! :unsure:

I have both and I think they both work great. :up:

If you go with the Tromix, I'd recommend ponying up the dough for the limbsaver recoil pad. Its super-cushy and makes shooting high-brass relatively comfortable. The Ace stock is a little more versatile as you can get it in different lengths, and easily change the pad. The limbsaver pad is permanantly glued to the Tromix. There is also a cheekrest available for the Ace although I don't find it to be necessary unless using "hi-rise" optics. When using iron sights, I get a good cheekweld with both stocks.

FYI, the Tromix stock is the same make that Richard Lage uses on his MAX-11s. (Got one o them too, love it! :super:)

http://www.max-11.com/

I have both and I think they both work great. :up:

If you go with the Tromix, I'd recommend ponying up the dough for the limbsaver recoil pad. Its super-cushy and makes shooting high-brass relatively comfortable. The Ace stock is a little more versatile as you can get it in different lengths, and easily change the pad. The limbsaver pad is permanantly glued to the Tromix. There is also a cheekrest available for the Ace although I don't find it to be necessary unless using "hi-rise" optics. When using iron sights, I get a good cheekweld with both stocks.

FYI, the Tromix stock is the same make that Richard Lage uses on his MAX-11s. (Got one o them too, love it! :super:)

http://www.max-11.com/

DR,

Actually, Richard makes a slightly different stock for Tromix. Both stocks are very nice in my opinion. I have a Tromix stock on my Max-11 and really like it. The ACE internal block angle problem has been fixed.

Jake

I have both stocks. The Ace's can accomodate several different thicknesses of recoil pads. The Lage/Tromix is synthetic and has no pad, but I berlieve one can be installed if you wanted. Six of one, half dozen of the other.