This link was sent to me by a friend with the attached comment:

"The cameraman is filming his friend as he praises Allah and launches mortar

shots at American troops. Little does he know that new mortar shell tracking technology can track the

trajectory of a hostile round and fire a retaliatory shot to precisely the spot from which

the hostile shell was fired. This only requires the hostile mortar to fire 2 to 3 rounds.

Count the number of mortar rounds the masked insurgent fires in the video. See how well it works."

Does anyone know if the above statement is correct? If so it makes me happy my tax dollars are well

spent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E6-O_SkRn8

Yakdung

Donno if that is true or not, but it appears the last mortar he loaded into the tube blew up in his face. I think that kind of stuff can happen when you play with old shells, but I don't really know. Just making a guess based on the timing of events, and the fact that the camera wasn't damaged. An artillery shell would have taken out more than just the guy with the mortar.

Hard to say exactly what the cause was. I know that our guys leave booby trapped mortar shells and such around for the murderers to find. Same thing happened in Viet Nam. :)

That's exactly what I heard was the story behind this one.

the vid was of a very bad day :haha: :haha:

however backtracker systems are fielded both sound and radar based however no mortar can be that accurate it is not the nature of the beast so a 1 round return on target is pure fantasy

the moral of this tape is that if you are shooting alone Dont pull the pin on the round you are holding as you drop one with the other BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA ha ha ha ha ha

Edited by belt fed frog