Quickest way to get Form 1 paper work for an SBS?

Ok I am going to do the Form 1 myself, it seems much quicker and easier this way.

So can I just download this Form 1 off the internet, fill it out and send it in with my $200 check?

If not, where/how is the easiest way for me to get the Form 1 to fill out?

What EXACTLY of my information is going to be engraved on the gun and where is it at?

I dont want my entire name and street address on the side of the thing...

Ok I am going to do the Form 1 myself, it seems much quicker and easier this way.

So can I just download this Form 1 off the internet, fill it out and send it in with my $200 check?

What EXACTLY of my information is going to be engraved on the gun and where is it at?

You have to go to the ATF's site, then go to the NFA forms and put in a request for one. I'd give you the link if I had it but it won't take you but a minute to find it on their site.

But what you do is request whatever forms you want, give your address, and they send them to you free....it does take a month or two to get them. I just got mine a few weeks ago and it took about 2 months to get here.

-Emt1581

You have to go to the ATF's site, then go to the NFA forms and put in a request for one. I'd give you the link if I had it but it won't take you but a minute to find it on their site.

But what you do is request whatever forms you want, give your address, and they send them to you free....it does take a month or two to get them. I just got mine a few weeks ago and it took about 2 months to get here.

-Emt1581

You can also check out this on arfcom:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=17&t=257740 ://http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.ht...7&t=257740

It helped me out quite a bit. I went the trust route, so my pair of Krink's are only going to have the name of the trust plus city and state.

Z

-Emt1581

You can also check out this on arfcom:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=17&t=257740 ://http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.ht...7&t=257740 ://http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.ht...7&t=257740

It helped me out quite a bit. I went the trust route, so my pair of Krink's are only going to have the name of the trust plus city and state.

Z

Not to hi-jack but how would I convert my suppressor to a trust? Also, what are the benefits of a trust?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

TronJohn,

If you use ATF forms downloaded from the Internet, make sure they are up to date

and have the proper spelling. Some dont.

Save bet is to go to ATF website and select the files you need. Get a few extras too.

Mistakes do happen and you will need to start over. They have to be perfect.

They send them to you for free.

If you hace any questions please feel free to IM me.

LB

So I can actually download the forms from the internet?

That would be much quicker... what is the bad of doing that?

What exactly of my information gets engraved on the gun, in what order is the information engraved?

Is it EXACTLY like this...

J.Lutz/Cleveland/Ohio

Is it just like that with the slashes and everything?

Where is this engraved on the gun?

So I can actually download the forms from the internet? Yes. This is what you seek. Also, you will need to fill out a Certificate of Compliance, which can be found here. Note, you cannot save in these documents. Fill and print only.

That would be much quicker... what is the bad of doing that? Nothing. Do yourself a favor and print it on quality acid-free paper.

What exactly of my information gets engraved on the gun, in what order is the information engraved?

J.Lutz/Cleveland/Ohio Yes just like that. Or, you can abbreviate Ohio to OH.

Is it just like that with the slashes and everything? No. You don't need the /'s. You can put it on two lines and use a , b/n Cleveland and OH if you like. Or, you don't have to put a , if that is your preference. There are requirements for size and depth. Do some searching and you can find them. Also, don't take it to the local trophy shop for this.

Where is this engraved on the gun? It depends on the gun. It will go on whatever part you are registering (the part that contains the SN). For example, on a AR15 you would engrave the lower receiver. On a HK USC you would engrave the upper receiver. So, on your S12 it will go on the receiver. Some might argue to put it on the barrel. I'd stay away from there and just do it on the above the pistol grip. You need to have it located in an area that is not obstructed. You shouldn't have to dissassemble anything to see it. For example, you can't put it on the inside of the receiever. Or, on a AR, you cannot put it on the trigger gaurd (as it is removable). Do a search for "Orion arms" and you can see where he puts the SBR/SBS engraving. BTW, he does great work.

Edited by sunnybean
I downloaded from Titleii.com and had no trouble getting my form 1 approved with a trust. There really is no need to wait on the BATF to get around to sending the forms to you.The trust lets you bypass the fingerprinting and Law Enforcement approval.

I'd like to read/know more about doing it through a trust. As far as I knew, doing it through a business was the only way to bypass prints and CLEO sign off. Downside to that is if the business ever doesn't exist, neither does your right to own the item.

Again, additional info would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

-Emt1581

So I can actually download the forms from the internet? Yes. This is what you seek. Also, you will need to fill out a Certificate of Compliance, which can be found here. Note, you cannot save in these documents. Fill and print only.

That would be much quicker... what is the bad of doing that? Nothing. Do yourself a favor and print it on quality acid-free paper.

J.Lutz/Cleveland/Ohio Yes just like that. Or, you can abbreviate Ohio to OH.

Is it just like that with the slashes and everything? No. You don't need the /'s. You can put it on two lines and use a , b/n Cleveland and OH if you like. Or, you don't have to put a , if that is your preference. There are requirements for size and depth. Do some searching and you can find them. Also, don't take it to the local trophy shop for this.

Where is this engraved on the gun? It depends on the gun. It will go on whatever part you are registering (the part that contains the SN). For example, on a AR15 you would engrave the lower receiver. On a HK USC you would engrave the upper receiver. So, on your S12 it will go on the receiver. Some might argue to put it on the barrel. I'd stay away from there and just do it on the above the pistol grip. You need to have it located in an area that is not obstructed. You shouldn't have to dissassemble anything to see it. For example, you can't put it on the inside of the receiever. Or, on a AR, you cannot put it on the trigger gaurd (as it is removable). Do a search for "Orion arms" and you can see where he puts the SBR/SBS engraving. BTW, he does great work.

hey my friend, the only place I have access is to a printer, and my company has the two links above blocked.

can you save me the info in a pdf and send them to me?

I will PM you my email.

thanks man.