How do you guys that have the falcon ergo pistol grips on your rifle mount them to the saiga 7.62x39?? I am looking at getting a new stock and adding a pistol grip and am unsure whether or not I need a kit to add the grip. I would like to leave the gun as much stock as I can.

Edited by jasonwes

if your gun did not come with a pistol grip , just the monte carlo stock , then you will need to do a conversion , this is actually a conversion BACK to the reciever's original configuration , AK parts fit without having to do serious mods , all the important holes are in the right places , but you may need a little filing or trimming in spots for clearance , and you will end up with a couple extra holes in the reciever where the pivot pins for the FCG are now , they can be welded in or filled with rivets , pins , etc....there are a few companies that do the conversions , or you can do it yourself if you are confident in your mechanical abilities...this would involve installing a new fire controll group(hammer,trigger,disconnector), a trigger guard(unless you want to modify the original to fit), a stock , and a pistol grip... and to keep it legal you will have to be sure you have less than 10 foreign made 'ban' parts in your gun(you can find a list of these parts on several of the local forum threads , or just look up 'the Brady Bill')...RSA sells a kit for the conversion that includes US made fire controll group(3 parts), a gas piston (US made) , and a modified mag release lever(not nescessary for legality), unfortunately they dont include the complete trigger guard(K-Var has 'em)..you will then need a US built stock and pistol grip(popular places to check for these parts include K-Var , RSA , EAA , AK-USA , and Krebs custom guns..check around on the other forum threads , you will find alot of good sources there...Falcon ERGO grips are US made and i hear they fit well and are comfortable ( i also hear they smell funny..lol..)...if you happen to still have too many non-US made parts , fore-grips and muzzle devices are available ...best bet for ideas is to look into a couple of the sites i listed above , AK-USA and Krebs both do the conversions at their shops and 'spell out' what they do...if you are inclined to do the job youself(not very difficult with a little mechanical experience) RSA and K-Var are 2 popular parts suppliers...take a look on the main Saiga-12 site on the links page for a bunch of good addy's... good luck and happy hunting :smoke: