I ordered 3 MD20 drums from the 1st run for my 3 Saiga 12 shotguns. Will Mike be sending me 3 gas plugs, or do I need to purchase numbers 2 and 3 from his website?

Thanks.[/quote

If you go to md arms on saiga forum and look at gas plugs and reason why it says first run will get one free, i think you may have to buy the other two.

Edited by bigdaddyrandall
does anyone know when mike is gonna ship out that gas plugs for the first run customers?

I ordered mine over two weeks ago and am patiently waiting.. I did get an email explaining that he is not filling any of the gas plug orders at this time. He is working on drums. Mike did say that he will be working on pushing the gas plug orders up, to mail them out soon.

We will get them

DT

Edited by DTrom
I was in the very back end of the first run of drums (#2436). Does that mean that I will receive a gas plug for free? I only ask because I ordered a gas plug on January 24th after Mike's confusing email. I only have 1 Saiga 12. Thanks for any help in clearing this up.

Here is a clip from the confusing email sent on the 24th, in the 1st run customer section,

"Please make certain you understand here as well. Only order the amount of EXTRA plugs you want. If you only want the 1 plug don't order anything. If you want 2 total, order 1 plug, not 2. Any plugs ordered through the site will be charged and shipped with the provided plug." :smoke:

Here is another clip of the email that may be the cause of the confusion, "Please read entire email for instructions before ordering gas plugs." :haha: Let me know if you want to cancel the plug you ordered by emailing me through my site, not here.

Also to answer a few other question from other posts in this thread...

1st run customers' plugs will be sent out after I get a handle on the 2nd run preorders, probably around 4 weeks from now. Unless you have an order in the second run, then it will be sent with that order.

1st run customers get 1 plug per order, NOT per drum ordered.

2nd run customers, If you have a second run drum order and have ordered a gas plug it will come with your drum order.

Gas plug only orders are at the bottom of the stack, order # wise. It has nothing to do with the sale price. I will try to get these gas plug only orders out a little sooner than waiting until I have come to their order numbers. This is because they are a small part and I can work on them in the evening. It will be a couple weeks at least if I am even able to do this.

2nd run customers, If you have a second run drum order and have ordered a gas plug it will come with your drum order.

w00t!

I can't wait :D

I ordered my drum somewhere around dec 9th, added the plug to my order as soon as I got the email suggesting the plug... maybe two more weeks wait? :)

The products look great, the only bad thing about ordering them from MD Arms is the fact that you will not recieve it for a LONG time. Mike is backed up with the drum orders. Even though the gas plug is a completely separate piece he sells from the drums, he still places those orders behind the drum orders. I understand the stance some people take on this, "why should someone complain about waiting for the plugs, we have been waiting for drums forever." I would say, please understand, these people did not order drums, they ordered a gas plug from a web site that states they have them in stock. Mike is not building the gas plugs ahead of the drums, he is not building the gas plugs at all for that matter. No one was made aware, that if they ordered a gas plug from MD Arms, which is in stock, they would not recieve it until all drums were built and shipped to those who have ordered them. No one is saying that any drum orders should wait, for they should not, it is just knowing that the gas plugs are in stock and will not be shipped, does not sit well with some people. If someone questions why their gas plug is not being shipped, they get a response with, I will just cancel your order. To me that is not a very professional attitude to take with customers. That might be a tune to sing today, but there will come a day in the future when that position will be a regretable one. In the nature of good business, I feel individuals ordering only gas plugs from MD Arms, should not be placed at the bottom of a list of individuals who are waiting for a drum that isn't even built yet. I don't think it would hurt to just ship the ordered plugs that are " in stock".

I apologize ahead of time to any of you who get upset with this post, upsetting anyone is not my intension. I am only speeking honestly.

It puzzles me that people like you bitch and moan before you know the facts or bother to do any research whatsoever before you speak "honestly". For starters, you are wrong about 3 things at least....... First the drums are all built, you are wrong about that. Second, He is ONE person doing all these orders. There are several thousand at least, why would you start putting together orders from someone ordering 2 days ago, when someone placed an order before you?????????? If you have not bothered to read email or read these forums first you would know that putting together that many orders takes time. That makes no sense and would be TERRIBLE business practice to cater to the crybaby complainers that came in after the fact of the people that ordered to make this a company. The 20 round MD-20 drum is what funded and made this a company, not the GAS PLUG. He only started selling the gas plugs because of the drums!!!!!!!!!!!! If it wasnt for the people that preordered the drums we wouldnt be having this conversation about the plugs because there would be none offered, becuase MD-ARMS would not be in business. This brings me to the Third thing you are wrong about. If you had bothered to read his website in BIG RED LETTERS before you ordered your plug by reading simple english you would see he says there is a 4 week wait at least!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is so hard to understand?????? How can he be more clear than that??????????? He has been doing an incredible job of doing updates.............all you have to do is learn how to read. Listed below is the ACTUAL words off of his website go look for yourself since you obvisouly didnt see it the first time and came here to bitch instead of spending 10 seconds reading something that HE HAS ALLREADY ANSWERED!!!!!!!!!!

BEFORE YOU ORDER!!!! This item is in stock. BUT! There is around a 4 week wait minimum, before we catch up to new orders placed!

Our Price: $35.00

366 Available!

The products look great, the only bad thing about ordering them from MD Arms is the fact that you will not recieve it for a LONG time. Mike is backed up with the drum orders. Even though the gas plug is a completely separate piece he sells from the drums, he still places those orders behind the drum orders. I understand the stance some people take on this, "why should someone complain about waiting for the plugs, we have been waiting for drums forever." I would say, please understand, these people did not order drums, they ordered a gas plug from a web site that states they have them in stock. Mike is not building the gas plugs ahead of the drums, he is not building the gas plugs at all for that matter. No one was made aware, that if they ordered a gas plug from MD Arms, which is in stock, they would not recieve it until all drums were built and shipped to those who have ordered them. No one is saying that any drum orders should wait, for they should not, it is just knowing that the gas plugs are in stock and will not be shipped, does not sit well with some people. If someone questions why their gas plug is not being shipped, they get a response with, I will just cancel your order. To me that is not a very professional attitude to take with customers. That might be a tune to sing today, but there will come a day in the future when that position will be a regretable one. In the nature of good business, I feel individuals ordering only gas plugs from MD Arms, should not be placed at the bottom of a list of individuals who are waiting for a drum that isn't even built yet. I don't think it would hurt to just ship the ordered plugs that are " in stock".

I apologize ahead of time to any of you who get upset with this post, upsetting anyone is not my intension. I am only speeking honestly.

You have some things wrong here. For one, I myself am not making the plugs. But I am overseeing it. I went in several days while the program was being wrote to make sure it was right, .... If you ever had something built you may find out that the one that makes it, usually has the easy job. Have something made and find out. Do you think I made a phone call and said, " make me some of plugs... call me when they're done."

Next, the plugs was mainly placed for sale for drum customers. Maybe it was my mistake for not making the wait more clear for non-drum customers. I'll admit that. But I never thought that as many people would order the plug, that didn't order a drum, that have. And never would have thought I would here so much complaining over a part that no one has even been charged for. It is getting ready to match the amount of complaining I received over the 1st run drums, that people paid 50% down on , being a YEAR LATE. It's crazy!

Next, I had drums in my posession a little in advance of the gas plugs. I am not making gas plug orders wait for drums. Gas plugs are waiting for their order number to be called. I had sold the very most of the preorder drum before the plugs where ever added to the site. That is why plug orders will be shipped last.

Drums are shipping. It isn't that plugs are sitting ideal while nothing is being shipped. In fact plugs are shipping as well to those that ordered both drums and plugs.

And last, I never once said to anybody that I would cancel someones order for questioning why their plug hasn't shipped. And I challange you to show me where I did. What I said was, if someone wanted to cancel their gasplug order they could. That means if someone is not happy they have a easy way out if they don't want to wait for their spot (ORDER #) in the long line. This is the same exact thing I have already said in this thread, 2 posts before yours. I have said this twice in my update emails.

You know what floors me the most?!? the amount of people that don't read! I could have screamed it on my site before the plugs ever went up for sale and the very most of this still would have happened. I have it stated now, on my site, and I bet it still happens. Mark my words, someone else will be crying and trying to build a case. And I'll be saying AGAIN, READ! Read the forum, read my site, read my update emails!

Dtrom,

WOW! I just ran a search on your email address. Here is what I said to you when you asked abou the plug. Does it say anything about canceling the order. Was that my response? NO! In fact I even told you I was going to try and bump them up on the shipping list. What happened to your "speaking honestly" here? You posted this crap here, a duplicate in the saiga-12 section, and sent me a PM of it. Guess what? I'm canceling your order now. Not for questioning a ship time... but for being a complete, trolling, tool!!!

Here was your question by email:

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: Order # EV-6005

Date: Tue, February 03, 2009 12:37 am

To: <info@mdarms.com>

I wanted to check on this order I placed you. When I placed the order the item showed in stock. I check back and my order is still pending. Can you please give me information on my order.

Thank You,

Dave

And the reply I sent to you 12 hours and 51 minutes later: ( it was very threatening huh!)

"Dave, I won't be charging anything until I ship your order. The plugs are in stock. I am going to try and bump these plug only orders up on the ship list. Thanks again, MikeD

does anyone know when mike is gonna ship out that gas plugs for the first run customers?

+1 one on that so I know when to start bugging the post man again.LOL :haha:

WOW.... Look what I just got today, the new and improved gunfixers gas plug for the saiga12 from MDARMS...... Looks great. I cant't wait to go shootin this weekend with it...........

DT :haha:

post-15062-1235007482_thumb.jpg

I got my order last week and it had my free gas plug included. Any ways, I am actually impressed with the plug. I havent used it yet, but i like how its easy to adjust with your fingers and doesn't require the use of your pocket knife to depress the old button. Way easier to operate. Ill probably try it out today.

CJG

OK I just got back from trying the plug out with the drum. I had a hard time getting the gun to cycle the federal value pack stuff on setting number 3. It would fail to eject the round completely, like it was short stroking. Do I need to back off on the spring setting of the drum?

CJG

I'm in the 4200 area, so I hope to hear something in a week or so, I'm guessing. But it takes as long as it takes. The MD-20 is worth the wait.

Still not sure if I'll get the gas plug or not though. I admit, being able to adjust or remove it without tools would be nice.

Corbin

OK I just got back from trying the plug out with the drum. I had a hard time getting the gun to cycle the federal value pack stuff on setting number 3. It would fail to eject the round completely, like it was short stroking. Do I need to back off on the spring setting of the drum?

CJG

If you have one of the "vodka specials" with only 2 ports, the gas plug will not overcome that. I have tried it, it still needs enough ports. It'll need at least one more port, preferably two.

CJG

If you have one of the "vodka specials" with only 2 ports, the gas plug will not overcome that. I have tried it, it still needs enough ports. It'll need at least one more port, preferably two.

Its a 3 port gun, imported in lat 07 or early 08 and then converted. It worked with the value pack with the stock plug fine and never tried slugs. I got the plug free because i was a 1st run customer. Any ways, I backed off the drum spring 1/3 of a turn and that might do the trick. If that doesn't do it, i might tray backing down another 1/3 or so. Otherwise ill just go back to the stock plug since i almost exclusively use the value pack and ill try the plug in another gun.

CJG

A quick question.....

I want to add a gas plug to my already paid 2nd run drum order, but I know my order already has paid status. I assume I'd have to place a separate order for the plug and it would just be added to the other shipment. What I'm wondering is: will the extra $15.00 shipping be billed to my card for the plug?

I ask because I literally have JUST enough available credit on that card to cover the plug and if the extra shipping gets charged, the card would decline. It's THAT close (thanks to a balance transfer).

I understand Mike would combine shipping, but does the $15.00 shipping get charged initially, then removed?

Thanks

Corbin

i think the gas plug is pretty cool. quick question though, i have one of the later guns that have deeper threads, so the first setting i come to after running it down all the way is 2. do i still have all the settings or just 2 and 3.

its been cold here so i havent done much testing, but setting 3 seems to work like a champ

You still have all the settings, you just start at 2. if you want another setting just unscrew until you come to what ever number you want the FIRST time. His directions are a little confusing, but really he just wants you to always have the plug IN as far as possible no matter what number your on.

CJG

Edited by rotortuner