"Eric Holder" Make Assault Weapons Ban Permanent

Democrat politicians would disagree with me, but I don't buy "ASSAULT weapons." All of my rifles and shotguns are just simply.... rifles and shotguns. They CAN be used as weapons, and if they are used as weapons, they would be used as a defensive weapon, not as a weapon to commit any assault.

The AR15s, Saigas and AKs I buy are semi-automatic rifles and shotguns with detachable magazines are sporting guns for recreational purposes, defense purposes, and to exercise my rights as a free man protected by the 2nd Amendment purposes.

Cop Killer Bullets? Wow. Maybe they will ban Cop Killer bullets, child rapist semi-automatics, church burning hollow points, gangster detachable magazines, mass murder muzzle breaks and drug dealer pistol grips, just like the 1994 "CRIME BILL" did.

I have called the offices of both my Senators every weekday since the holder nomination was announced to tell them not to support this nomination, I would encourage others to also do that if by chance you are not.

Troubles a-brew'n

Don't forget the drive-by bayoneting...."issues"...................the AWB was all politics with no basis in reality and will be again.........

Democrat politicians would disagree with me, but I don't buy "ASSAULT weapons." All of my rifles and shotguns are just simply.... rifles and shotguns. They CAN be used as weapons, and if they are used as weapons, they would be used as a defensive weapon, not as a weapon to commit any assault.

The AR15s, Saigas and AKs I buy are semi-automatic rifles and shotguns with detachable magazines are sporting guns for recreational purposes, defense purposes, and to exercise my rights as a free man protected by the 2nd Amendment purposes.

Cop Killer Bullets? Wow. Maybe they will ban Cop Killer bullets, child rapist semi-automatics, church burning hollow points, gangster detachable magazines, mass murder muzzle breaks and drug dealer pistol grips, just like the 1994 "CRIME BILL" did.

I have called the offices of both my Senators every weekday since the holder nomination was announced to tell them not to support this nomination, I would encourage others to also do that if by chance you are not.

Troubles a-brew'n

Contacting our senators is about all we can do,hopefully enough of us do it and they vote in our favor to not accept the nomination.

GOA had a letter about a week or so ago to copy and paste in an email to the senators before the nomination vote.I can find it and paste it here if anyone else is interested.

Contacting our senators is about all we can do,hopefully enough of us do it and they vote in our favor to not accept the nomination.

GOA had a letter about a week or so ago to copy and paste in an email to the senators before the nomination vote.I can find it and paste it here if anyone else is interested.

They don't listen to us now anyways. Obongo and the Dems have a clear majority in the House. And I doubt if your Congressman is a democrat that he believes in the 2nd Amendment. Good luck getting their minds changed. Liberals were crying about the new NY Senator and her pro-gun stance. And as far as I can tell she's PRO-HUNTING I wouldn't trust her to uphold my 2nd Amendment rights to defend from Tyranny. But she likes to hunt so it's better than nothing. I don't think the Senate is going to put up much of a fight either, are only about a dozen Senators with brains now and they don't have any power.

They don't listen to us now anyways. Obongo and the Dems have a clear majority in the House. And I doubt if your Congressman is a democrat that he believes in the 2nd Amendment. Good luck getting their minds changed. Liberals were crying about the new NY Senator and her pro-gun stance. And as far as I can tell she's PRO-HUNTING I wouldn't trust her to uphold my 2nd Amendment rights to defend from Tyranny. But she likes to hunt so it's better than nothing. I don't think the Senate is going to put up much of a fight either, are only about a dozen Senators with brains now and they don't have any power.

Oh, but this is not true. I was at a neighborhood meeting the other day, and a couple of city councilors came by. Some how or another it came up that our state representatives have been swayed to vote in a different manner, by as little as 4-5 letters/calls. You have to understand that 1) not that many people are going to call in to support a bill that has been introduced, it's just not in people's nature (take the number of people who complained about having to wait for the MD20 vs the number of people you see starting threads saying how bad ass it is), and 2) a politician will view 1 letter/call as representative of a few thousand pissed off people.

Call, or write a letter. Shit, write a few letters, or (and I don't know if this is legal or not) look up peoples names in other states and send letters on their behalf to their representatives. Couldn't hurt, unless it's a federal offense or something.

I'm with you on the "they don't listen" part but at the same time when we stay the silent majority,or at least enough of us to speak up,it cant hurt.

One of my senators and the congresswoman from my area are NRA members,so voicing concerns about guns at least lets them know that someone does want them.

Like Elvis said,we need to be heard and not always sit back and moan when they dont vote our way if we dont let them know.If enough people contact them they may just see what we want,and as their constituents we need to voice our opinions.

Opinions are like assholes,we all have them.

But it cant hurt to speak up BEFORE its too late.

It is my understanding that e-mails are of little use in swaying opinion because they are too easily manipulated and done. That said, I still send them. However, when an issue is really important to me I send a letter via the USPS. I always get a response and know what they are going to do. Just another thought based on my experience.

I was about to say that the only messages that mean shit are votes. Vote the bums out.

However, after thinking about it for a second or two, I realized that votes don't seem to count for shit, either.

I honestly don't think anyone in DC gives a rat's ass what we think.

OK... here are the big questions...

Has anyone one this forum NOT called/written/emailed their Senator on this issue?

Has anyone on this forum NOT joined or donated to the NRA?

Has anyone on this forum NOT called their House Rep on HR Bill 45?

Its great that we talk about our freedom and liberty under attack here, but talking to each other about is is secondary to talking to your Congressman about it. I assume everyone here that knows liberty is under attack can at least write a letter.

Talk like "our opinion dont mean shit" may carry allot of truth, but its because typically only the lunatic left are activists. Normally Congress only hears from them.

My rule is, I dont bitch about it here until AFTER I bitch to my Congressman's office.

Dont mean to sound so preachy... but if your like me, in the past I left the political letters and calls for other people to do, and I now regret that. Now I know its up to ME, its MY responsibility, not others, though I strongly urge others to become involved. Its easier than I thought. I call, someone answers, and I say Im a voting constituent, the Senator represents ME in Congress, and Senator So-n-so is to vote Yes/No on this issue. Thank you. Same simple message on the letters.

Take that trigger finger and put it to the telephone pad.

Troubles a-brew'n

Edited by Blam

/\/\ I don't want to start a shit storm, but I will not send the NRA any money, ever. While I do agree with what they do, at the root of it, they are, IMO, another political lobby. I think we can all agree that lobbyist are destroying/have destroyed (or corrupted at the very best) a serious portion of our political process. Just this morning I was listening to the radio and they were talking about a state representative from AL who had decided not to run for re-election, instead opting to go to work for a lobbying group. According to the news report, he was "highly sought" by lobbyi8ng firms because of his "bi-partisan stance" and numerous connections with other elected officials. FUCK THAT. So now he's going to lobby certain causes for whoever pays his firm, by way of his connections with his former fellow elected officials. FUCK THAT.

/\/\ I don't want to start a shit storm, but I will not send the NRA any money, ever. While I do agree with what they do, at the root of it, they are, IMO, another political lobby. I think we can all agree that lobbyist are destroying/have destroyed (or corrupted at the very best) a serious portion of our political process. Just this morning I was listening to the radio and they were talking about a state representative from AL who had decided not to run for re-election, instead opting to go to work for a lobbying group. According to the news report, he was "highly sought" by lobbyi8ng firms because of his "bi-partisan stance" and numerous connections with other elected officials. FUCK THAT. So now he's going to lobby certain causes for whoever pays his firm, by way of his connections with his former fellow elected officials. FUCK THAT.

ya... I'd have to disagree with you on that. I want a government that can be lobbied by individuals and organizations as the Constitution allows. The government must be approachable. Years ago I stopped sending money to politicians or political parties, instead I send money to organizations that are professionals at approaching the congressmen with the interests of its members. The NRA is only one of many groups I send money to that have causes I believe in, and they are professionals in fighting for the cause they represent. I contribute to a lobby organization that represents law enforcement officer causes, one that represents religious freedom, one that represents free speech issues, and I intend on contributing to one that will fight for the "fair tax" plan.

I have found many politicians in my political party have departed from traditional values that represent freedom and liberty. So I find causes I believe in, contact my congressmen, and then send money to those that fight for those causes.

So you may not send money to the NRA "ever", but they are fighting for YOUR rights anyway.

Tell ya what, tomorrow Ill send the NRA another $35 (cost of a years membership) in your honor, that way you want have to violate your principles.... and Im not saying that to be a dick.... well not a big one anyway.

It is my understanding that e-mails are of little use in swaying opinion because they are too easily manipulated and done. That said, I still send them. However, when an issue is really important to me I send a letter via the USPS. I always get a response and know what they are going to do. Just another thought based on my experience.

I've actually gotten written responses from both Jim Sensenbrenner( R ) and Gov Jim Doyle (D) from e-mails i have sent. Sensenbrenner's response boiled down to "got you covered on the gun rights, thanks for supporting me!" Doyle's response boiled down to "Blow me! Guns are bad... m'kay?!"

Edited by RangerM9

ya... I'd have to disagree with you on that. I want a government that can be lobbied by individuals and organizations as the Constitution allows. The government must be approachable. Years ago I stopped sending money to politicians or political parties, instead I send money to organizations that are professionals at approaching the congressmen with the interests of its members. The NRA is only one of many groups I send money to that have causes I believe in, and they are professionals in fighting for the cause they represent. I contribute to a lobby organization that represents law enforcement officer causes, one that represents religious freedom, one that represents free speech issues, and I intend on contributing to one that will fight for the "fair tax" plan.

I have found many politicians in my political party have departed from traditional values that represent freedom and liberty. So I find causes I believe in, contact my congressmen, and then send money to those that fight for those causes.

So you may not send money to the NRA "ever", but they are fighting for YOUR rights anyway.

Tell ya what, tomorrow Ill send the NRA another $35 (cost of a years membership) in your honor, that way you want have to violate your principles.... and Im not saying that to be a dick.... well not a big one anyway.

That's fine, and I appreciate it (I guess). All I'm saying is that I don't believe that political contributions should shape the way a politician votes/legislates. That said, I'm not going to send money to someone who will act as a middle man in delivering that money to a political party, in exchange for political favors. It's bullshit. The politicians should represent their constituents, not a bunch of lobbyists.