OK, so for anyone that knows how forums are run and operated:

What is a good solution to the speed problem? It seems that after we all complain, that Max fixes it. But then it slows back down (maybe from a jump in membership/site views as Joe mentioned).

Is there some kind of software update that could be done? Because like people have mentioned, it's not like this on other forums. But I like this forum more than others, so I (and I'm sure a lot of others) would be more than willing to pony up some more donations to get a really good update/fix/whatever to get things running fast around here.

So for the software-ically ( <--WTF is that?) endowed.......drop some knowledge on us, please.

+1 22 Shooter. Page loading taking over 20 seconds each. Attempted post getting errors (You know what I'm talking about).

This has been going on for at least the past 72 hours.

It is bad enough that it is affecting the number of times and length of time I visit the site, as well as the number of posts (Interaction) I have on the forum.

PLEASE do something before it causes serious damage to the GREAT community you have built here.

I spoke to Makc a little bit about this when I saw him at SHOT last week. My plans went awry (story of my life) and I didnt get to spend much time with my friends while they were down here, but I did manage to get some things accomplished/discussed.

What Makc is going to be doing is moving the site to a different hosting company. I know he seemed quite annoyed with the lag on the site as of late, and I think he has settled on a new hosting company, but needs to get everything ready to migrate the forum onto the new host once it is all set up.

Well as a relativley newbie to this site I can say that I am overwelmed at the amount of sections. Seems to me that the site could be trimmed some. I make a post and can't find it again because of all the different sections . JMHO

Jangles

• 1 month later...
The site appears to be running Microsoft Server that could explain part of the problem.

Yakdung

This site is not running MS Server, it runs on Linux...

The forum has been moved to a different server and faster service... I hope we do not see any "slow down" or errors anytime soon... :)